HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Redglyph spotted the development update #25 for Solasta: Crown of the Magister:

Dev Update #25 - New Content Sneak Peek

Hey there folks!

How are you all doing? Winter is starting show its nose, it's getting pretty cold here in Paris! However, that also means we're getting closer to the Winter Update, which we will be talking about a bit more in today's Dev Update. But before that...

[...]

Remind me what's in the Winter Update?

Worry not, we've got you. After all, it's already been 3 weeks since we first announced the upcoming Winter Update, and not all of us picked Keen Mind during character creation (though I sure wish I did, now where did I put those damn keys again...). So here is a reminder of what you can look forward to:

• An overhaul of the Lighting System, we're going back to the Tabletop Ruleset with no disadvantage in Dim Light and Darkvision working as its name implies.
  • A new area and its set of quests, taking place after the Necromancy Main Quest
  • The Scavenger System - no more lugging around all the junk you see lying around
  • New combat features, such as hiding during combat and applying Poison onto your weapon
  • More customization options in Character Creation, and a bit of plastic surgery on some faces
  • Inventory and Shopping improvements, hand picked from your suggestions
  • Optimization to the Food mechanic, so your party won't end up starving as often
[...]

More information.

Last edited:
@HiddenX; It seems the first link doesn't work, not sure why, but it contains spaces so that may be it. EDIT: ah, actually the URL contains the beginning of the page's content ;)

Here's the URL

I wish to heck they'd allow you to skip the character tutorials you've already done before.
I hope so, too :/

I'm so glad they're changing their lighting system to tabletop standard rules. It really was quite annoying to not have darkvision work like darkvision should, etc.

I second wishing that I could skip tutorials I have already done. That's also quite annoying. Otherwise, really solid game. Enjoying the heck out of it.

No word on whether saves will still be compatible after this update? I'd like to check out that new area but not if I have to restart again.

No word on whether saves will still be compatible after this update? I'd like to check out that new area but not if I have to restart again.
They added some info today:
Save files should be compatible, but as always with Early Access we strongly suggest you start a fresh new adventure to avoid any potential issues!

They added some info today:

Thanks. Depending on when the update is released, I may or may not check out the new content. It's going to be a busy next few months for me with the backlog of games I have. At this point, I might just be content with waiting for the full release.

Thanks. Depending on when the update is released, I may or may not check out the new content. It's going to be a busy next few months for me with the backlog of games I have. At this point, I might just be content with waiting for the full release.
Ouch. How long is the list? :D

It was hard to say 'no' recently, so I also have a few I'd like to finish up before starting anything else, or I'll end up mixing up everything. Not enough discipline :-/

Back
Top Bottom