Neverwinter Nights: EE - Models & Textures Remade - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter Nights: EE - Models & Textures Remade

Default Neverwinter Nights: EE - Models & Textures Remade

November 23rd, 2021, 23:18
Beamdog announced that they had finally remade models of the characters and their equipments.

The HD Models & Textures Pack for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Good day to all Neverwinter Nights adventurers!

Beamdog is happy to announce that after several years of hard work, Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition models of player characters and their equipment (armor, weapons and shields) have finally been remade! Thank you kindly for your patience and support over these years!

Attention: using remade models on lower-end machines can lead to potential problems with the game performance.

This is why we've decided to provide a separate link for all our players to download The HD Models & Textures Pack for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition (4.1 gb). This pack includes updated models of weapons and shields previously released as the Steam Workshop content.

New models now support normal and spec information. All of these pieces can be further modded by the community, which is in line with the base game setup.

More information.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 00:57
Interesting! I had no idea they were actually doing this.

Thanks
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

November 24th, 2021, 02:29
Looks like they finally finished the new texture mod. Game looks much better. If I remember it used to be called something different before the modders joined Beambog.
--
“Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one and everyone thinks everyone else's stinks.”

Couchpotato

Professional Shitposter

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 04:41
A badly needed upgrade for this once exceedingly fugly game. The static models still look like cr*p, but it's a start.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 04:46
Ahh, the good lads at Beamdog keep giving us goodies! As long as the process seemed to take, it must have been a herculean effort.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 07:48
Beamdog haven't done anything, they just want easy money. I read it right here on RPGW. Regularly being on sale for under $10, obviously a cash grab, don't give them anything.
--
"You will find your death pleasant, but your fate unbearable." - Hionhurn the Executioner

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

November 24th, 2021, 09:05
Originally Posted by KaosWarMonk View Post
Beamdog haven't done anything, they just want easy money. I read it right here on RPGW. Regularly being on sale for under $10, obviously a cash grab, don't give them anything.
*Snort* Yeah, I'll bet they're just raking it in.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 10:27
It's free so you don't have to give them anything, where do you see the cash grab?

"They just want easy money" seems like an easy criticism to me. You probably don't check their forums, where it's easy to see all the work they're still doing on all their products.

Beamdog is a perfectly fine company IMO.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 24th, 2021, 11:50
Was being sarcastic. Apologies if that wasn't obvious.
--

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

November 24th, 2021, 13:52
Was being sarcastic. Apologies if that wasn't obvious.
I saw the sarcasm when you mentioned the $10
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 22:07
So it's just the main character + weapons & armor, right? For a second there I thought they had actually overhauled all the models.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 22:42
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
So it's just the main character + weapons & armor, right? For a second there I thought they had actually overhauled all the models.
That's how I understand it, but there are NPCs sharing the same models, so I don't see why it should be limited to the PC only. Unless there are some races the player can't play and they don't wanted NPCs of different quality?

If someone does a test I'd be interested to know.

Redglyph

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 24th, 2021, 22:48
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
That's how I understand it, but there are NPCs sharing the same models, so I don't see why it should be limited to the PC only. Unless there are some races the player can't play and they don't wanted NPCs of different quality?

I'd also be interested in knowing. It seems weird that they'd only overhaul the PC. To me, that would just make the other models stand out more and not have a positive effect overall.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 22:55
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post

I've had the same thought, but then I realized that there's plenty of models and textures that the PC won't can't use, right? I mean like mobs, enemies, monsters, etc? Or can the PC use spells to transform into anything? Aside from that, I imagine that stuff the PC can use will be used on the NPCs as well.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

November 24th, 2021, 23:45
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
A badly needed upgrade for this once exceedingly fugly game. The static models still look like cr*p, but it's a start.
I guess I'm in minority thinking the original models look decent enough It kinda grew on me

purpleblob1

Princess

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 04:29
I never had an issue with the visuals, even the ones they updated, yet I was in the minority. Many of the testers at the time were quite vocal in their collective complaints, to this day I've no idea why.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)

November 25th, 2021, 07:22
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I never had an issue with the visuals, even the ones they updated, yet I was in the minority. Many of the testers at the time were quite vocal in their collective complaints, to this day I've no idea why.
Same. It looks good enough for me to enjoy, even unmodded. Have to remember it came out almost 20 years ago. It's a testament to the game that we're still talking about it.
--

KaosWarMonk

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Neverwinter Nights: EE - Models & Textures Remade