Steam - GOTY Nominations

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Steam is collecting nominations for the Game of the Year 2021, votes end on December 1st (10am PST).

THE STEAM AWARDS

NOMINATE NOW.

VOTE DURING THE WINTER SALE.

WINNERS ANNOUNCED JAN 3RD @ 10AM PST.

It is time again to convene the Steam Award Selection Committee, whose sole task is to nominate the best and brightest of the year. This esteemed committee is composed of those most qualified to judge: you! You must determine who elevated the medium of games, by metrics as unique as the field of contenders. To that end, we present a few new categories by which to measure greatness. The choice is yours - now go forth and nominate!

[...]
More information.

I always have a hard time making nominations because I never play games the year they come out, I rely on what comments people make about them. This year was particularly hard - have any good games been released this year other than Pathfinder?

I always have a hard time making nominations because I never play games the year they come out, I rely on what comments people make about them. This year was particularly hard - have any good games been released this year other than Pathfinder?
It's probably very subjective, and Steam has particular categories that don't reflect everyone's tastes.

Like you, I often play games later too. And I often buy on GOG which reduces the choice on Steam's awards. ;) I don't play many games anyway.

I could place Baldur's Gate in "Labor of love" since Beamdog worked on a big patch this year. And WotR that I first placed as GOTY, but since Owlcat Games is betting on "Outstanding Story-Rich" and it's fine for me, I moved it there. Besides, I don't think they stand a chance as GOTY because comparatively few people play this in the Steam community.

I'm tossing between nominating WotR as GOTY or best story game. Leaning towards GOTY - I get that it probably has higher chance of winning best story category but my heart tells me to ignore the silly steam politics.

I'm tossing between nominating WotR as GOTY or best story game. Leaning towards GOTY - I get that it probably has higher chance of winning best story category but my heart tells me to ignore the silly steam politics.

This is my problem as well. It is easily my GOTY and feels odd to classify it in a sub-category.

Solasta is very much worth your time, though I'd hope it would be nominated I wouldn't be expecting it to win GOTY. Seems overly harsh not to mention it in some way though.

Back
Top Bottom