General News - New Week Long Sales

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is a roundup of a few games on sale this week.

• Torchlight II on Steam for 75% off.
  • Battle Mages on Steam for 50% off.
  • Blackguards on Steam for 60% off.
  • Starpoint Gemini 2 on Steam for 20% off.
  • Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition on Steam for 75% off.
  • Diablo III & Reaper of Souls on Battle.net for 50% off.
More information.

I couldn't resist the DA:O sale. I only had the original. I had to get it.

Now all I can hope is that my mods work...:fingerscrossed:

I couldn't resist the DA:O sale. I only had the original. I had to get it.

Now all I can hope is that my mods work…:fingerscrossed:
At that price offered it's a bargain. Like JDR said in the forums I paid over $100 for all the DLC's, and expansion. I guess waiting always pay off in the end.:sweatdrop:

As for mods most of them still work for me years later. If you need a reminder you can find the best ones on the nexus sites. Here is the link.

Link - http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/?

I also recommend the Dragon Age Redesigned mod.

Link - http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonage/mods/686/?
This mod will redesign the WHOLE of the NPCs in Dragon Age to fix skin issues, face proportions, personality mismatches, gender identification, race identification, etc. in an attempt to make each character fit better with the the lore of Dragon Age.

Well, my concern is that, since I already have another retail version installed (just the barebones version), that Steam will mess up my already-installed mods. I'm hoping that's not the case since it'll probably have to authenticate through Origin again anyways.

But yeah, I do like Dragon Age Redesigned. :)

Well, my concern is that, since I already have another retail version installed (just the barebones version), that Steam will mess up my already-installed mods. I'm hoping that's not the case since it'll probably have to authenticate through Origin again anyways.

Ah I apologize then then for the previous long post then.
sbowing_100-104.gif

The only problem I foresee is you might have to reinstall the mods due to the override files being rewritten. This has happened to me a few times.

Last edited:
No apology necessary. xD

Ugh, I hope not. Installing them that first time was rough. Urgh. But at least I'll know the first thing to try if they suddenly don't show up…:raincloud:

Edit: I think...it may have worked. Without reinstalling everything. Knock on wood. xD Thanks for the heads up on the sale!

Last edited:
DA:O requires entering a birth date, but it allows me to enter Jan. 1, 1900. Heh. I'm the oldest man alive and I spend my time playing Dragon Age...

DA:O requires entering a birth date, but it allows me to enter Jan. 1, 1900. Heh. I'm the oldest man alive and I spend my time playing Dragon Age…
Nothing I can do about the age requirement system as Steam uses it for M-rated games. I'm surprised it allowed you to use 1900 as the year. :lol:
Edit: I think…it may have worked. Without reinstalling everything. Knock on wood. xD Thanks for the heads up on the sale!
Glad to hear that as sometimes files get messed up.

I regularly choose the earliest date possible when required to do so; it appeals to my sense of humour!! :)

I should start doing that (the 1900 thing). Or at least 1903...or something. For just a moment, I could be a real flapper girl. Now that would be something. xD

Blackguards for 60% off - not bad. Something to do while waiting for SPG2 to get its act together, perhaps.

Edit: Actually, Blackguards itself is still $40. There's a "Dark Eye Universe Bundle" with Blackguards, Blackguards: Untold Legends, The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, and Memoria for 60% off ($23.99). http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44166/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom