Owlcat Games - Guess Our Next Game Competition

Two more spots revealed on the "puzzle".

Some people are guessing the woman we can see is the iconic character Feiya (for witches, like Amiri was for Barbarian). It's the headdress and white hair.

Doesn't help in guessing the AP.

Last edited:
Call me a party pooper , but I don't like this sort of thing. Just announce what your doing already. I'll wait for the real announcement to show up in the news feed.

Call me a party pooper , but I don't like this sort of thing. Just announce what your doing already. I'll wait for the real announcement to show up in the news feed.
It's not my thing either. But if creating buzz like this helps to get attention and finally to get sales I'm all for it. More sales, more budget for the game afterwards.

Owlcat have been revealing 2 sections every 24 hours, going by how many there are, I'll guess 2 weeks of guessing left (it's pretty hard to count all of them, some are tiny).

As such, we got a new update. Not much, except more lightning and some body parts.

I've seen someone propose that the middle character is Shensen on Facebook. She is a better fit visually than Feiya was. Feiya has more revealing clothing and doesn't have pointy ears, while Shensen is an elf with white hair that wear cloth more like in the image.

If that is Shensen, it would point to the AP being Hell's Rebel. It's one of the better AP, also it's city based and has a rebellion mechanic.

Hopefully it'll include a turn-based mode as well. I mean, it didn't take long for a modder to add their own to PF:K.

So here we go again, as I always say not every RPG has to be turn-based.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I also want the game to implement RTwP combat and hope the game will be as good as (or even better than) Kingmaker!! :)

But it would be nice if they offered both options. TB mod proves both can exist.
Exist yes, but I think it is too hard to balance. I prefer devs to put the effort elsewhere.

I also want the game to implement RTwP combat and hope the game will be as good as (or even better than) Kingmaker!! :)
Agreed but I've grown tired of the bias against RTwP combat in RPGs on this site. :nod:
Exist yes, but I think it is too hard to balance. I prefer devs to put the effort elsewhere.
Agree again it's nice to see a modder or something like how Obsidian did with PoE 2. So yes options are better but don't waste resources implementing two types of combat.:nod:

So, I've been talking to more PF experts on Discord and they firmly believe it will be Wrath of Righteous - a mythic level AP.

The lady with white hair is not an elf but a gnome. The architecture that's been revealed appears to be of Kenabres (fortified crusader city bordering the Worldwound - which is quite close to Kingmaker setting):
800px-Worldwound_expansion_map.jpg

Uff, I don't want Mythic levels campaign.. that is pure munchkin kind of content. And nothing you come up with really makes sense when characters have so much power.

There is a moderator on the official forum (and discord) who has been repeating it everywhere that it's Wrath of Righteous.

It has no special mechanic like kingdom management in Kingmaker. It's just a plain power fantasy where you kill hordes of demons. It would require a lots of rewriting to support evil aligned characters to.

On top of it, I don't think that Kingmaker's engine would work well with the kind of large battles WoR requires. That AP would fit better in a strategy war game than a cRPG. Maybe the people asking for another HOMM game are into something.

I don't know, I think it will add more fun to class building if done well.

I haven't see any PF pnp players say anything good about PF Mythic. Some GMs even run Wrath of the Righteous without it.

There is a moderator on the official forum (and discord) who has been repeating it everywhere that it's Wrath of Righteous.

It has no special mechanic like kingdom management in Kingmaker. It's just a plain power fantasy where you kill hordes of demons. It would require a lots of rewriting to support evil aligned characters to.

On top of it, I don't think that Kingmaker's engine would work well with the kind of large battles WoR requires. That AP would fit better in a strategy war game than a cRPG. Maybe the people asking for another HOMM game are into something.

I haven't see any PF pnp players say anything good about PF Mythic. Some GMs even run Wrath of the Righteous without it.

I bet you are talking about Stratagemini. According to him, Owlcats made quite a bit of modification to Kingmaker engine in order to work on Pathfinder 2. We don't know for sure until the official announcement but I think he knows enough to make such assumptions. Well… let's hope we hear from Owlcats soon enough.

EDIT: I think it's a bit too early to pass a judgement on how good/bad Mythic will be implemented - assuming it really is Wrath of the Righteous they are working on.

Is "Mythic" the term for high-level stuff in Pathfinder? If so, I hope it's not like high-level D&D. I've always found the lower to mid-level stuff a lot more enjoyable.

Is "Mythic" the term for high-level stuff in Pathfinder? If so, I hope it's not like high-level D&D. I've always found the lower to mid-level stuff a lot more enjoyable.

From what I heard, it's not referring to high level but rather some special abilities & sub class level that gets tacked on to the normal progression.

It seems "mythic" refers to alternative ruleset ...

"Being mythic means possessing a degree of might unusual even in a fantasy world. Scenes turn more dramatic, the enemies are more lethal, and the consequences of the heroes’ actions make a far-ranging impact. "

Well, if it becomes true, I hope they are creative with it. I would be somewhat disappointed by another "chosen-one" character saving the world from doom.

No, you can be a mythic character at any level as the requirement is story based (a god granting you powers, finding a powerful artifact, magical ritual, etc). It can even be part of your character backstory.

It has its own progression not tied to experience points (GM's discretion, usually every two normal levels), but work mechanically like a class with feats, talents and abilities score increase at specific level (called tiers for mythic, there is 10 of them).

It's all about role-playing a "god among mortal" fantasy (you can get the ability to have your followers pray to you to get divine spell casting at tier 3).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom