Kenshi - Release Date December 6th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Kenshi has been on Steam Early Access for a long time but that is set to change. Version 1.0 will arrive December 6th 2018.

Final Map Out Now On Stable, Plus... 1.0 Coming Soon!

16 November - Koomatzu
Final Release...

Lo-Fi Games is pleased to announce, after a long total of 12 years in development from the moment Chris first created it… Kenshi will reach full release 1.0 on December 6th 2018!

We want to thanks all of our fans from all around the world for their help in supporting us over the years, being patient with us, helping to refine Kenshi with feedback, bug reports, suggestions, and simply enjoying playing Kenshi and boosting us to create something huge.

The finish line is close, now is the last chance to make your voice heard to really help us make Kenshi the best we possibly can. We aren’t taking feature requests anymore and we won’t be adding in any more gameplay features but we’ll be focusing on fixing the last of the bugs and irregularities. Reporting any odd gameplay issues, bugs or imbalances will be massively valuable to us in these next few weeks. No matter how small you think an issue is, or whether you think it’s already been reported, send it in to us anyway!

And don’t worry, even after the 1.0 release we will continue to support the game and work on any fixes we might have missed.

You can share your feedback with us via the Steam forums or our official forums[www.lofigames.com].

*Please note that the price will be increasing from £12.99 to £22.99 at version 1.0.

[...]
More information.

Wow…I got this game as part of a bundle on gamersgate back in 2012 (I bet lots of people own this without remembering).

Now I just have to wait almost 2 hours for their crappy torrent to download to find out if my old key still works…

Edit: Nevermind...I just read on their forums and you can actually use the long ass key you get to register it on Steam. And it worked...cool.

I remember watching few gameplays on YouTube some time ago - game looks very interesting and innovative, like something different than usual nostalgia stuff.
Strange to see that people here have almost no interest in this...or maybe not.

I remember watching few gameplays on YouTube some time ago - game looks very interesting and innovative, like something different than usual nostalgia stuff.
Strange to see that people here have almost no interest in this…or maybe not.
I actually got it ages ago as well and have played it a fair bit. Really enjoyed it but have put off playing it more until it gets a full release. Had no idea that was so soon since it's been slowly updating for years now. XD

Can anybody tell how "accessible" this is? I heard it has a very steep learning curve, though I would be interested in it.

Chalk me down as another person that thought this project would never climb its way out of early access. Glad to see it finally arrive, I'll be watching and reading reviews to see what folks think of it.

I appreciate the reminder that I own this. Will have to dust it off. I'm curious to see where all the dev's ambition (and he had plenty) led.

Oh my god is it April Fools day? If not man it's been over ten years on Early Access.:biggrin:

I saw a let's play not too long ago. Didn't seem to me like it was going to be ready for release for a long time. I'm hoping they're not just rushing this out the door

I saw a let's play not too long ago. Didn't seem to me like it was going to be ready for release for a long time. I'm hoping they're not just rushing this out the door
That's a good one :D.

I have last played this years ago (I also have this from the Gamersgate bundle), but I heard that it has been a quite engaging sandbox game for quite a while now.

I bought the early access years ago and tried a few months ago to see if it had improved. It sure is a novel idea and I love the art style. Unfortunately the content was still lacking and the game is a resource hog.

Back
Top Bottom