BattleTech - Update 1.4

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted update 1.4 for BattleTech:

LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.4.0 Release Notes: The One with Localization!

Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.4! This release contains a number of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes, as well as the official localized releases of BATTLETECH in French, German, and Russian. We have also improved performance for saving and loading games.

A few things to note about localization:

• If you switch to a different language and it isn't showing up on screen, back out to the main menu so that the language pack can refresh.
  • There is no noun declension in procedurally generated contracts.
  • BattleMech names are consistently not translated, as consistent with other BATTLETECH translations.
We hope you enjoy our latest BATTLETECH update!

-- HBS

IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files... Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

Highlights

• Localized versions of BATTLETECH - French, German, and Russian players, rejoice! BATTLETECH has now officially moved out of the localization beta and into a full release! We've implemented an increased number of translations, and improved translation accuracy.
  • UI improvements - We've removed excess symbols and fixed many occurances of text truncation/bleeding and incorrect line breaks for text in all languages.
Improvements

• Fixed the splash screen delay that some users experienced and reported.
  • Some conversation and narrative text was updated for clarity.
  • Updated tree placement around hexes so that players can navigate to forest positions more easily.
  • The player is now notified about reputation requirements for events.
Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue with video settings not saving in fullscreen or windowed modes.
  • Player 'Mechs are no longer submerged in deep water.
  • Fixed store issues that prevented some players from selling items in Ironman career mode.
  • Fixed functionality with the Big Steel Claw that prevented players from selling and storing it.
  • Corrected an issue that could cause the wrong follow-up event to trigger after completing
  • Operation: Flattened Earth.
  • Flashpoint owners can now play multiplayer games against non-Flashpoint owners.
  • Fixed issues with enemy 'Mechs getting stuck in geometry when spawning outside the map in some combat missions.
  • Fixed an audio issue with turret generator destruction in Target Acquisition missions.
  • "Spore Cloud" debuff icon is now present in the jungle biome.
  • Dropships that fly in at the end of the Steel Beast flashpoint land correctly and no longer float above the map.
  • Fixed issues with UI card on the star map for the Kurita Alliance Flashpoint.
  • Fixed the Mechwarrior VO played after successfully damaging an enemy structure.
  • Fixed UI issues with reputation icons and tooltips.
Known Issues

• On rare occasions, a small amount of partly unlocalized mission objective text may appear in French, German, and Russian versions of the game.
  • Custom Mechwarrior callsigns and 'Mech names may appear localized if the custom name is a word that is already used elsewhere in the game.
  • A desync notification may appear during rounds in Multiplayer if the Host and Guest use different decimal separators (e.g. English vs Russian, French, or German). However, clicking "Continue" will clear the notification, and the match can be finished.
More information.

Had to look up what noun declension means. Other than that not a very interesting update unless you're German, Russian or French AND prefer to play games in your native language. Personally I tend to use English even when Swedish is available, because otherwise I'll get annoyed by weird translations…

Last edited:
Had to look up what noun declension means. Other than that not a very interesting update unless you're German, Russian or French AND prefer to play games in your native language. Personally I tend to use English even when Swedish is available, because otherwise I'll get annoyed by weird translations…

Are you suggesting that you don't love your quests sprinkled with :

English : Excuse me fine sir. I have a quest for thee to rescue my steed from yonder castle.
Swedish : Din get at grasklipparen ropa tack.

It adds to the local flavor.

Are you suggesting that you don't love your quests sprinkled with :

English : Excuse me fine sir. I have a quest for thee to rescue my steed from yonder castle.
Swedish : Din get at grasklipparen ropa tack.

It adds to the local flavor.

Can't. Stop. Laughing. :D

Really loved this. Even more than I thought I would.

However, I suffer from Must-Wait-Until-All-Content-and-Patches-Are-Out-is - and so I can't play it just yet.

I haven't bought the game yet, but i'm following updates/DLC's etc a bit. I was a big fan of the Mechwarrior games back in the days, i hope this will scratch that itch eventually. Probably gonna give it another year.

I haven't bought the game yet, but i'm following updates/DLC's etc a bit. I was a big fan of the Mechwarrior games back in the days, i hope this will scratch that itch eventually. Probably gonna give it another year.
It's not a bad game just the DLC is lackluster. I've seen the roadmap and not a new campaign in sight just additions to the base game. Can't wait for the mod tools.

Anyway a true MechWarrior game is getting released this year.

Last edited:
It's not a bad game just the DLC lackluster.

Anyway a true MechWarrior game is getting released this year.

Right, i've forgotten about that, for some reason. I feel like i might have to buy myself the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog once again (should never have sold it..)

Back
Top Bottom