Doki Doki Literature Club

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Indie Dating App

Normally despise this sort of game but the ratings are incredible and there was the comments not for children or the easily disturbed.

I had to check it out. Destined to be a classic - or passe, in an Expedition to the Barrier Peaks kind of way.

No spoilers - everyone is going to be hearing about this soon.

Based on pics and input from some posters there on Steam, I don't see anything that'd make it fresh in a genre that needs huge shakeups. There is for example some pigeon dating game (didn't play it) that sounds like one of those unique entries dating sim genre desperately needs. I mean... After a fair share of dating sims of all kinds, I'm kinda not interested in yet another "been there done that" title. :(

The positive side here is it's free with some odd DLC - should I call it a proper/fair DLC?
A very nice approach IMO - if you like the game, support it with buying DLC and get some additional nongame goodies, if you think it's trash, you don't need to pay anything.
Maybe I give it a shot on a rainy day, but won't promise anything.

Based on pics and input from some posters there on Steam, I don't see anything that'd make it fresh in a genre that needs huge shakeups. There is for example some pigeon dating game (didn't play it) that sounds like one of those unique entries dating sim genre desperately needs. I mean… After a fair share of dating sims of all kinds, I'm kinda not interested in yet another "been there done that" title. :(

The positive side here is it's free with some odd DLC - should I call it a proper/fair DLC?
A very nice approach IMO - if you like the game, support it with buying DLC and get some additional nongame goodies, if you think it's trash, you don't need to pay anything.
Maybe I give it a shot on a rainy day, but won't promise anything.

There are some glitchy problems later on and if don't mind the way the save works I would highly recommend this game.

And to be fair, its one of the most innovative takes on games I've seen in a long time. I would dare to say it bridges the line between "art".

There's DLC? If so, I might buy it. I do know you can get merchandise for it or somesuch, maybe a t-shirt or a bag.

Innovative? Really? Because it screw up the saves or fake allow saves but in back make it permadeath?

I download it, but I have huge doubt it's half as good than best books or movies, and for gameplay I bet it's crap as all those "innovative" games with main interest to wake up reviewers that don't like play games (anymore).

Dasale, you should put some spoiler tags around that

You may not have liked the game but don't ruin the surprise - its difficult enough for them to maintain the caution without spoiling anything.

In my mind, I like how they play around the fourth wall. Some people don't like anything fourth wall (aka "meta" among millennials) but I think its done really well here. for one, it maintains the idea that there really is something wrong with the game - and of course, its clear in the ending.

As for innovative, well the biggest one is it requires the user to actually remove a file on the game folder to unlock the "secret" ending.

Back
Top Bottom