|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Default What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Yesterday, 16:26
Watched Black Panther last night, I'd call it a pretty good flick. I found it more comparable to, say, Ant Man than any of the Avenger movies, and perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Yesterday, 17:00
I didn't love Black Panther; it was ok. I loved the villain and sister but i there were some real annoying aspects and that last fight was overdone.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Yesterday, 19:22
Civil War would have been a much better movie had they followed the comic book line. I really don't comprehend why you mess with perfection, by changing things they wound up with a far superior product. So far my two favourite of the Marvel flicks would be Dr. Strange and Ant Man, although I wish they'd told the Pym story, the Lang version was well done. I think Black Panther would probably rank third on the list for me.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Yesterday, 23:49
Dr. Strange was good. Not as in love with ant man (esp the second one).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Today, 04:00
I've not seen the second Ant Man flick as of yet, and I suspect I won't like it nearly as much as I did the first one. Another issue I had with the prior movie was the decision to kill off Janet, that was a really dumb idea. Janet had very interesting relationships throughout the Marvel Universe that could have been used spectacularly, but they went a silly way instead. Yeah, it would have taken a bit more work but the product would have been far superior to what was crafted.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Today, 06:15
Life is one of those movies where the characters do dumb, totally illogical things in order to advance the plot in a completely contrived way but I liked the aggressiveness of the lifeform and the idea that it would frantically try every possible avenue to survive. But it reminded me of an old new Outer Limits episode stretched to 2 hours and with a 30+ million dollar budget.

JackOfOwls

Watchdog

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Today, 06:33
How Long Will I Love U,which was released on May 18, 2018 in mainland China. The film is a way romantic and fantacy comedy, and the storyline is just about two young men live together in hyper-time incidentally.

Brexit

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Today, 06:57
I've see a film that has been on my list for a long time. But thanks to the homework I got from the guys at Sardonicast (a great movie discussion podcast featuring YMS, IHE and Ralphthemoviemaker) I finally watched it.

The movie is Punch Drunk Love from the great Paul Thomas Anderson. It's a great little movie, starring Adam Sandler and man, he's great in it. He's obviously a good actor if he wants to and has a great script and director to direct him. I highly recommend the movie.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread