What are you reading?

Finished a American Indian legends etc. based, dystopia urban fantasy.
Trail of Lightning - Rebecca Horse
Pretty decent, but lots of gore which seems to be standard for most contemporary USA authored fantasy at the moment

I finally gave in and bought myself an translation of the famous "Much ado abourt nothing", by no other than Shakespeare (a spear that is shaken ???).

As a teenager, I saw that excellent movie by / with Kenneth Branagh - and I loved it !

I read the third Discovery novel, Fear Itself over the past two days. I would call it the lesser of the three books so far, it focused on Saru and, for me, that was doomed to be a venture into tedium.

I completed the third book of the Iron Druid Chronicles, and this series just gets better and better. I love it when the latter books improve the story and raise the stakes, rather than the first book being the very best of the series. The fourth book I'm waiting on now!

I finished the Liar's Key, second in the Red Queen's War series, by Mark Lawrence. I didn't find this one quite as compelling as I did the prior book, but I'll likely read the third novel at some point. This protagonist just irks me in ways that makes the tales difficult to read.

Been reading a bunch of adult pulp fiction bought on Amazon. I couldn't list all the books and authors as most are only 150-200 pages long,but for $0.50-1.00 not bad.

They remind me of the Barsoom Saga crossed with the Gor books.

Last edited:
I think Carnifex finished another book while I was taking a shit this afternoon. ;)

Seriously though, I'm amazed by the way he blows through novels. It must be nice to have that much free time for reading.

As for myself, I'm nearing the end of 'The Power that Preserves' which is the third book in The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant.

Then you'll be pleased to know that that's the book I'm reading now! I'd put Power that Preserves aside for the two library books that I had to read, but now I'm back to it. Just got past the part where Mhoram leads a detachment out to face Satansfists' army and smacks their leader upside the head with his staff.

I'll have the Wounded Land and the next three Iron Druid Chronicle books ready for my flight to Florida next week. I have a long layover in Toronto, which is likely to eat up an entire book.

Then you'll be pleased to know that that's the book I'm reading now! I'd put Power that Preserves aside for the two library books that I had to read, but now I'm back to it. Just got past the part where Mhoram leads a detachment out to face Satansfists' army and smacks their leader upside the head with his staff.

That's the chapter I'm currently on. :)

I'll have the Wounded Land and the next three Iron Druid Chronicle books ready for my flight to Florida next week. I have a long layover in Toronto, which is likely to eat up an entire book.

Vacation or business? Where are you going in Florida?

Moving to Ormond Beach. I've loved being in Canada, and I know I'll miss it, but having no family nearby wasn't something I considered when I first moved here. Now I know what I'll be doing for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! And likely every holiday afterwards =p

Oh so you're from the US originally? I thought you were Canadian.

Ormand Beach.. that's a nice area. The east coast of FL is too crowded for my liking, but the beaches are nicer and there's more to do. I'm down by Fort Myers on the SW coast.

Currently listening to Aliens: Bug Hunt. It's mostly awful - but with a few cute stories here and there. I liked the one about Burke's final moments and the history of the M41A Pulse Rifle :)

Ireland, England, Canada (twice now), and the US. I get around!! =). Lots of places I can get deported to, if I run my mouth too much. =p

I'm really not looking forward to the heat, but I lived in Georgia and SC in my youth, so it's not an unknown. I know I'll be missing the snow in a few months!!

Ireland, England, Canada (twice now), and the US. I get around!! =). Lots of places I can get deported to, if I run my mouth too much. =p

I'm really not looking forward to the heat, but I lived in Georgia and SC in my youth, so it's not an unknown. I know I'll be missing the snow in a few months!!

I lived in Louisiana for 2 years but now i'm in Calgary. We seem to be following similar patterns.

It's funny, but I used to hate hot weather when I was a kid. Then I lived in Michigan for 14 years, and now I'm the opposite. I'll take that heat over snow and ice any day of the week and twice on Sundays. :)

Yeah, I don't see that happening with me. I'm already preparing prayers and sacrifices to the air conditioning gods! =p

Yeah, I've always said that if I leave Sweden then Canada is the best alternative. Too freaking hot to go South.

Currently reading only non-fiction, but I'm listening to the second book in the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. Finished the last audiobook in the Wheel of Time about a month ago, and it left me hollow. I've been listening to that series for years (it's roughly 500 hours of audio…).

Back
Top Bottom