Into The Breach - Releasing February 27th

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
I maybe alone in thinking this but I think this game looks good.

Nice, didn't realize it was coming so soon. Between my respect for the developers and all the good things I've read about the game, this is almost certainly a day 1 purchase for me.

It's random generated whatnot so you're not alone. Whole RPGcodex will jump on it due to Neo Scavenger syndrome.

Me? I have already a problem what to play next as Deliverance and ToCS2 are getting released next week... Luckily ITB is not something I'd ever buy or the problem would escalate.

Sounds like a wargame, I don't twitter so I didn't look.

I don't know anything about this game, but simply based on FTL alone I'm likely to give it a shot. Hmmm, looking it up on steam it seems to be rather tactical and right up my ally, me likey!!!1

Would look good, but seems to be a Cheapo Casual junk strategy. Maps should be huge and the whole thing should play like XCOM: UFO Defense

Looks super boring to me so far. But we will see... I'd have no problem to correct my view if this turns out good.

My first first impression is "fuck yeah!", but on further investigation it seems a tad minimalist, perhaps?
I'd prefer a bigger map area, for starters.

I'd still be likely to buy it at the correct price point (i.e. low). It looks like a game that I could dip in an out of between something more substantial. Also, looks well suited to handhelds, but I don't think there are any plans for it to be ported to any.

You are FAR from alone!!

There are two of us.

Would look good, but seems to be a Cheapo Casual junk strategy. Maps should be huge and the whole thing should play like XCOM: UFO Defense
....or maybe there's room in the strategy market for more than one type of game?

I'm not sold on the concept, buy on the other hand these are the developers of FTL and I wasn't sold on that concept either, and oh how wrong I was. It turned out to be one of my favourite games of all time.

I'm buying this.

I would prefer FTL2, or even FTL on Android, but my interest is very much piqued because these are the same developers.

Its minimalism doesn't bother me - I enjoyed Eschalon and, of course, West of Loathing. Its not a day 1 buy for me - I will wait for what you all and steam players have to say.

FTL was probably my favorite game of it's year. The thing I liked the most about it was how it was incredibly unique and not like anything I'd ever played before.

The new game sounds really unique too. Sure it's a tactics game but it's also kind of a puzzle game where you can see into the future and predict your exact enemy moves so you can perfectly plan how to counter them.

Anyone who's put off by the small scale of the maps or the graphics really needs to read RPS's preview.

The question of whether to get this or not boils down to two simple questions: Did you enjoy FTL? Do you like turn based tactical combat? Your answers to those questions should solve any dilemma as far as this game goes.

And if you've not played FTL, you really should. Like, nowish. Make it so!

Sure it's a tactics game but it's also kind of a puzzle game where you can see into the future and predict your exact enemy moves so you can perfectly plan how to counter them.

That's what I fear. If I want to play a puzzle game I play a puzzle game.

Back
Top Bottom