Which crpgs have you replayed or have the most hours?

Top of the list would be Baldur's Gate I and II - I've lost count of the number of replays. Like some others in this thread, they are a constant install on my PC. I've also replayed Icewind Dale quite a lot, although I've only played Icewind Dale II once. Of the old Gold Box games, I still replay Pool of Radiance every now and again, although I haven't played the other games in the series for ages. For me, D&D games seem have a high likelihood of replay!

I also replayed Dragon Age: Origins quite a bit. With the silent protagonist and origin stories its easy to create a character that feels very different and has completely different motivations to a previous run. I had a particularly great time with an arrogant dwarven aristocrat character, which isn't normally the kind of character I'd roll…!

Of the newer games, I've replayed Might and Magic X, Legend of Grimrock, Tyranny (I can see that getting quite a few replays to be honest - its good fun trying different paths), Divinity Origin Sin 1 (I'll go back to this a third time at some point I imagine), and Dark Souls 1 (two runs so far, but I'm planning to try out the enhanced edition later in the year).

In terms of hours played, I'd add in some of the Bethesda titles like Skyrim etc, but I rarely replay those games with different character builds.

On the non-RPG side, there was a period in the late 90s when I was playing Quake and Streetfighter Alpha 2 pretty much non-stop. :)

I can pretty much nail down one candidate for each category, MMORPGs excluded:

RPG I played the most hours in: Fallout 4 with 372 hours, which is just one playthrough. Great game, but even for a great game it was a bit long. And the unsatisfying ending didn't help (did expect some slides in the end as was common for fallout).

Some nice pictures were actually the reason for my second candidate:
Back in the 90s I finished Lands of Lore multiple times. I think I finished it 3 times: With Konrad, Michael and Ak'Shel. Great game which still looks and feels nice today. Liked that you get a big portrait of the selected character at the end and also loved the screen where the credits colled and all enemies basically entered the stage, almost like in a theater where everyone comes back at the end to bow to the viewers.

Started the most:

Morrowind - still get a kick out of starting a new character, getting to a certain level and then just wandering off and exploring a different area and checking out all the secrets. Only got to the end point once though, need to do that again.
Oblivion - As above, but always end of completing KOTN as well. Also only completed once but love going back and spending 30/40 hours on another wander through.
FNV/FO3 - several starts on both, completed several times for different endings

Most hours in addition to the above:
Skyrim - Finished twice and hundreds of house but only started twice, that will increase though
FO4 - over 400 hours, not sure how as this was on one playthrough, will go back at some point. Actually I did end up spending a lot of time on my settlement
Gothic/Risen - All games started at least once and all finished at least once, shorter hours to completion though
DA Inquisition - Really absorbing game, over 200 hours without DLC

Honourable shout outs to the other DA games, Mass Effect, Divinity series, Borderlands series and finally Assassins Creed series which I only play once but there is normally enough content by game for over 100 hours each

I don't think I've ever replayed a game, in the sense that I've played(sometimes finished) a game, and then taking it up again. But I've realized that in some way I do. Because I usually create several different characters, continuously switching between them, sometimes also recreating them. So in stead of replaying games sequentially, I do it simultaneously.

Due to my very inefficient way of playing, combined with the size of the games, Bethesda's games are not surprisingly very high on my list of games I've spent most time with. Skyrim is the definite leader, I've spent hundreds of hours with that game. MMORPG's as well, WOW many years ago, now it's LOTRO, currently switching between 4 characters. A bit unlike me, but I've actually played one of them as far as Mordor.

pibbur who thinks may be he should play more games in stead of more time in fewer games.

Rough estimates:
-Baldurs Gate 1 - 9 playthroughs and many I've abandoned.
-Baldurs Gate 2 - 4 playthroughs or so and many I've abandoned.
-Kotor - 3 playthroughs.
-Kotor 2 - once was enough.
-Fallout - Completed once and many abandoned playthroughs.
-Fallout 2 - 2 completed playthroughs and many I've abandoned.
-X-Com - 4 playthroughs (crpg for me)
-X-Com: Apocalypse - 2 playthroughs and some abandoned
-XCOM - 2 playthroughs and many that came to an end suddenly.
-XCOM2 - 1 1/2 playthroughs - game in progress for expansion I recently purchased
-Mass Effect - 3 playthroughs
-Dragon Age - 1 and a half. Those darkspawn caverns kill off my enthusiasm.
-Morrowind - Completed once and mucked around with many new games.
-Skyrim by comparison I have played 116 hours and not finished
-Fallout: New Vegas - Got 90 hours in this - completed once for Mr House. Have to play again sometime.
-Betrayal at Krondor - 1 playthrough and some abandoned. I want to play through again but backlog calls.

I played Might and Magic 2 for one year straight back around 1988. I made a few different parties and got them to lvl 255. I hardly played any other game in that year. Maybe a little Wastleland and Bard's Tale. I wonder how many hours of play time that would be. I was 18 and I could play for some long hours back then.

Okay, Pladio said something that got me wondering:

What games do you replay the most often or which do you have the most hours played in? These aren't always exactly the same, but I have a list of favorites.

In number of hours played Skyrim wins on my Steam list. However, I've played Might and Magic VI, VII and even VIII at least once a year since they were released. Since I'm a completionist, I'd say a 100 hours for each play through. I probably played 7 through twice in 99 and at least once for the last 18 years. That's 2000 hours too, which matches my Steam hours in Skyrim.

Okay those would be my top two or four (if you count all 3 of the MM's above).

The rest of my list will be along the same lines:
MM3-replayed 10+
MM4-5-10+
Oblivion-5+
Two Worlds Two-5+
Fallout 3-5+
Fallout 4-2 already
FNV (not as good as Bethesda, but still good) 3 times
Exile 1-3 replayed several times
The Quest-I've already played this through 3 times since it hit the pc. It very much reminds me of MM3-5.

I'd love to read your lists. I obviously am a giant fan of First person perspective games.

It's nice to know I have inspired someone :)

For me, my most-played games aren't RPGs. I love RPGs but I feel the story is usually so important to me that replaying the entire game with the same story falls flat.

I have a few games that I have replayed several times, but many of those were in times prior to Steam, so here's the list of most-replayed RPGs and below the time spent on playing some of them as I do not know the playtime of the older ones.

• Gothic I - 2 times + to chapter 3 another 4 times
  • Gothic II - finished once, but replayed several times to understand how to play as mage, hunter and paladin
  • Fallout I/II - replayed fully a few times and played up to different areas a lot of times
  • Age of Decadence - replayed 10 times at least, although the talky ones are 8-9 hours each.
  • Banner Saga - I played through the first one twice and the second one twice too

This excludes games like Mount & Blade and Banner Saga or even XCom which aren't fully fledged RPGs in my book, although the time spent in those is several times that of standard RPGs. I have also excluded Diablo II, but I replayed that one hundreds of times in multiplayer :D

In terms of playtime
  • Age of Decadence - I have 160 hours on Steam, but it might be a bit more as I have played offline too.
  • Lords of Xulima - 55 hours
  • Legends of Eisenwald - 48
  • Mass Effect 2 - 41
  • Banner Saga - 37

Again, this excludes games like the ones mentioned above and older games not on Steam.

My top games on Steam are the following:
  1. XCOM2 - 322 hours and I'm playing a new campaign so probably will get to 350
  2. Europa Universalis 4 - 195 hours
  3. Football Manager 2016 - 175
  4. Crusader Kings II - 109
  5. Battle Brother - 103
  6. Dungeon Rats - 94

EDIT: Celtic mentioned HoMM3. Yes, that took up severla hundred hours at least. And League of Legends must have taken over 500 hours.

Morrowind 12+
ESO 5
Oblivion 4
DA: Origins 2
Nothing else I can think of!
Most hours ESO (untracked but guessing ~500)
known: Witcher 3 (313), Skyrim (303)
I could play Elder Scrolls games forever but after my Morrowind addiction I learned to put them aside eventually to play something else.

Last edited:
It's probably Baldur's Gate 2, at 50+ times and each replay is quite significant. I've also replayed Gothic over 50 times, but it's a much shorter game.

In terms of hours, the overall winner is still WoW though, which I've easily put 5000+ into by now. It's absurd, I know.

Luckily, it's not a CRPG, which is what this topic's all about, so the winner is Baldur's Gate 2. Much more respectable.

Skyrim
Fallout IV
Wizardry 8
King's Bounty
-------
Everquest 2 - 5000 hours
LOTRO - 2500 hours

I generally don't replay games. How do you guys have the time!? I have children! :p

Even my all-time favourite, Wizardry 8, I've only played a few times. It's hard to know, though, because it's a game I used to dip into time and time again, rather than play from beginning to end. Many hours, but certainly not the crazy ones some of you seem to have.
Other games I've dipped into multiple times are Morrowind and Wizards & Warriors.

Oh, I guess if you count co-op runs of games, where I've replayed just so a friend can go through with me, then there are: Icewind Dale, Dungeon Lords (don't hate me!), Sacred, Diablo 2, and Dead Island (playing with a friend at the moment). Possibly some others.

I had children back in the eighties and nineties, now I'm older, somewhat more cranky, and need good books/games to keep me sane and to prevent me from simply plotting to take over the world on a daily basis!

pibbur who thinks may be he should play more games in stead of more time in fewer games.
You're being rather judgemental towards pibbur. Pibbur, don't you listen to pibbur! You play games however you want! ;)

If playing user generated content counts then for me it would definitely be NWN1 (I have never even completed the OC a single time but I've played so many modules for so many hours over the years I doubt any other game even comes close). And 2nd would then most likely be NWN2.

If going by official content, then maybe Age of Decdence. I've replayed it several times. It's a relatively short RPG, but I will often start new characters just to mess around and see what happens if I make different choices.

I played through Expeditions Viking twice and will probably replay it again some day since I haven't played it since they added in the latest difficulty tweaks / iron man mode.

I've replayed Shadowrun Dragonfall a couple times so it's probably up there, too.

I think I played through Dragon Age: origins a couple times. It's got a decent story and choices with consequences and makes me wonder what DA2 could've been if EA hadn't rushed it. If Origins had better combat (i.e., turn-based) I might give it another run sometime.

Most other CRPGs I've only played through once (and really haven't played all that many to completion as I tend to get bored with longer games). I just seem to be getting more and more picky as I get older.

Mods definitely count in my book. NWN and NWN2 both have a bunch of hours on my list too, but I just don't know the number.

You're being rather judgemental towards pibbur. Pibbur, don't you listen to pibbur! You play games however you want! ;)

Agreed. Problem is: Pibbur doesn't always agree with Pibbur.

pibbur who shouldn't have written this.

Last edited:
I generally don't replay games. How do you guys have the time!? I have children! :p

I replay games when I got nothing new to play (aka don't buy 10+ new games with 100 play time per years).

Back in the early 2000s where most of my replay of the older games happened, I was only buying like 1 or 2 games per year, that left me with plenty of time to replays. Toward 2010-2015, I was buying 10+ games and didn't have the time for replaying games or even playing all those games hence the backlog. Now, I decided to limit what I buy again and I got plenty of time back for replaying stuff.

Gaming is also my main hobby, that helps.

Back
Top Bottom