Nox - Free on Origin

Aubrielle

Noveliste
If you don't mind using EA Origin, you can grab the 2000 ARPG Nox for free right now.​

EA is offering up a new On the House game. You can download it entirely free via the Origin app on PC.

The latest giveaway is Westwood Studios’ Nox. Released in 2000, Nox is an action-RPG in which the protagonist is sucked through his television into the eponymous land.

It features three classes, each with their own storyline. You can download it via Origin here.
Source.

More information.

Heh - guess I need to check the front page before posting in Pricewatch! ;)

Thats a fun little hack 'n' slash type rpg. I got this couple of months ago from gog sale. Had fun time playing it.

Thank you for the post! Downloading now.

This was/is a great game. When it would reach 100 f during the summer, I would play this all day. One of my fav's as a kid.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. -- George Bernard Shaw

I love Nox, and I already own it on GOG. I tried playing it a while ago, but it didn't age as well as BG and so on. The same goes for Arcanum, and I'd love to see an EE version of both Arcanum and Nox.

I despise this game with a long lasting passion.

Hated everything about it, from the ugly prerendered chars to the nausea inducing perspective and the shadow lines that give me eye bleeding.

The catastrophic loot system and the overall likeness to modern PvP-Arena games still ruin it for me totally.

Aside from "Dark Tower Conspiracy" and "Fate" I have never played a worse diabloesque game.

I far preferred Nox and Fate over Diablo and Diablo 2. Somehow I have always preferred the Diablolikes to Diablo itself!

Never played Fate, but I preferred Nox and Darkstone over Diablo. Titan Quest too, for that matter. I'm with the cheese head.

Ah! Let me explain cheese head: A cheese head is someone from Wisconsin, famous for its cheese-making. The title is also a somewhat affectionate nickname for Green Bay Packer fans. Since my team is no longer in St. Louis, I may become an honorary cheese-head myself :) I could follow the Packers, Bears, Chiefs or Colts as they are all roughly the same distance from St. Louis. Since I hate cold weather, I may default to the Colts. They have a heated stadium :)

Last edited:
I loved Nox and beat it after a few furious nonstop sessions. I found it easy to get into the zone just like diablo 2 and steamroll through.

I found its looks very cute ;) , and loved that you could manipulate items within it a bit.

"Free on Origin" .More like "Free if you sell your soul to the Devil " !

I'd rather pay to have it on GOG, which I already do. :cookie:

Never played Fate, but I preferred Nox and Darkstone over Diablo. Titan Quest too, for that matter. I'm with the cheese head.

Ah! Let me explain cheese head: A cheese head is someone from Wisconsin, famous for its cheese-making. The title is also a somewhat affectionate nickname for Green Bay Packer fans. Since my team is no longer in St. Louis, I may become an honorary cheese-head myself :) I could follow the Packers, Bears, Chiefs or Colts as they are all roughly the same distance from St. Louis. Since I hate cold weather, I may default to the Colts. They have a heated stadium :)
I'm from Illinois originally, so no allegiance to the Packers (and not a football fan in any event - I'm perhaps the only one in Wisconsin). It has been disappointing to compare the Bucks to the Bulls though - and the Brewers to the White Sox. Oh well - traffic is much better in Milwaukee than Chicago... and poor performing sports teams gives me more time to play RPGs.

Have it on GoG, and like the game but would do without if I had to use Origin to play it. Haven't found a game that I liked enough to install either Origin or Uplay as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom