|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » ELEX - Will be released on GOG

Default ELEX - Will be released on GOG

October 20th, 2016, 00:07
THQ Nordic will publish several upcoming games - ELEX included - on GOG:

UPDATE - Coming Soon: ELEX + Spellforce 3 + The Guild 3 + Battle Chasers: Nightwar

A cool selection of upcoming hits! The cold winds of winter are rising, and with them, a snowstorm of great THQ Nordic games is about to arrive, DRM-free on GOG.com. Put on your coats and let's go meet them!
ELEX introduces a unique post-apocalyptic fantasy setting, crafted by the creators of the beloved Gothic series. Control of a mysterious resource that grants people magical powers is being contested between warring factions. Will you allow magic to dominate the planet or will you harness Elex to power machines which will rule over Magalan? Move around the open world with your handy jetpack, fight terrible creatures, and witness the land change based on your decisions.
Spellforce 3 blends RTS with RPG, magic with raw swordfighting, and hero development with massive-scale battles. Shape the incredible world of Eo during the volatile years leading up to the events of SpellForce: The Order of Dawn by customizing your character and leading your armies to victory using advanced tactics and spellcraft.
The Guild 3 transports us back to the dark middle ages, when our family sets out to build a trading dynasty in a society dominated by the rich, the powerful, and the superstitious. Balance the historical events, the economics, and the politics involved in your dynasty's well-being and consider becoming a member of a secret society because you'll need someone to have your back when the challenges start piling up.
Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a story-driven, turn-based RPG, with a diverse cast of comic book characters making their way through randomly generated dungeons. Traps, puzzles, secrets, and plenty of bloodthirsty monsters are waiting to bite, slice, and blast you to bits, so you better pick your heroes' skills and equipment carefully, if you want to survive down there.Wishlist THQ Nordic's upcoming offerings and prepare for some intense and magical adventures -- DRM-free on GOG.com.
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 00:07
OMG what's that fourth game? Randomly generated dungeons with that kind of visuals but still story driven? And without "roguelike" tag on Steam?
I'm so gonna preorder it!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/451020/
- Plan for survival. The desolate town of Harm's Way is your only place to prepare. Choose three of the many heroes you've unlocked, fill your travel backpack with items from your stash, make sure you've chosen the best equipment and abilities for each hero… and then strike out
- Explore an overworld presented in classic form (and in real time), peppered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing friends and foes, as well as a useful arsenal of Dungeon Abilites for every character
- Old-school combat inspired by the console RPG greats, with a unique two-tiered mana system and turn-based initiative, featuring random buffs and debuffs on initiative slots
- Action oriented, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles and secrets. Use each hero's unique dungeon skills to survive
- Non-linear story driven by the discovery of lore on items, landmarks and secret elements in the world. Discovering these will both provide deeper insight into the mysterious Lost Vale, and also reward lore points, which are used to upgrade the heroes' different abilities
- Truly key story moments will be depicted in gorgeous, traditional 2D animation from Powerhouse Animation Studios (the studio that did the animated Darksiders cutscenes). For these, sit back and enjoy
loading…

That hero looks more Guts than the pathetic actual Berserk game. Can't believe I've missed this one on Kickstarter.
Last edited by joxer; October 20th, 2016 at 00:18.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 00:38
Nice. Will buy Elex and perhaps Tthe Guild 3 and Spellforce 3 on GOG.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: -

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 01:26
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
OMG what's that fourth game? Randomly generated dungeons with that kind of visuals but still story driven? And without "roguelike" tag on Steam?
This was developed by the lead artist of the Darksiders games (Joe Madureira) and some of the developers from Vigil.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 02:54
pre-order ? Didn't you back the kickstarter ?

Originally Posted by joxer View Post

http://store.steampowered.com/app/451020/

loading…

That hero looks more Guts than the pathetic actual Berserk game. Can't believe I've missed this one on Kickstarter.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 04:20
ELEX is absolutely a Day 1 purchase for me. I'll probably get it on Steam though.

I never heard of Battle Chasers: Nightwar until now, but it looks fun.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 05:24
Every PB game since G2 has been a first day purchase for me but I've lost the faith. No ELEX for me before a serious evaluation.

fragonard

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 09:56
--
Favorite Game: Gothic II
My steam profile

porcozaur

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 12:36
Originally Posted by you View Post
pre-order ? Didn't you back the kickstarter ?
No I said I missed it, honestly didn't see it before.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)

October 20th, 2016, 18:28
the guild 3 will have bugs.

i guarantee it.

cptbarkey

Sentinel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)