Risen Insert original DVD of Risen Error

I've got the same problem. I emailed them images of my invoice and the case. We will see. Luckily I'm playing Titan Quest. I hate this kind of nonsense!

So…. how is everyone enjoying their game? My disk is nice and round and says "Risen" but it doesnt do anything else:mad:

This was a big DRM nightmare. I hope they drop TAGES in all future games.

They ended up giving me a patch and a serial number to register with their server. That worked so at least I can play and don't need the DVD. I'm a bit concerned about how I'm going to patch this thing if they start releasing patches. But I can play.

I think all patches should be compatible with this version (I had the same thing done to mine). I think the DRM only affects unlocking the game initially in the download version (which the game has become after the patch), after that it doesn't really matter. That is my understanding of it, I could be, and I hope I am not wrong.

On the subject of game improvements, there is a tool at world of risen that allows autowalk. I don't know if this is a big deal to you, but one of my great pet peeves is unnecessarily holding down a key for dozens of hours. You might want to look in to it, especially if you play for longer sessions (2+ hours at a time).

Back
Top Bottom