Risen Drink Strength Potions?

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch
I just brewed around 60 points of perm health but have NOT consumed them. I'm at around 90 strength without the potions, level 9 sword skill. I'm tempted to drink them all but I remember in G2 that to do so was sub optimal, since you should max out the training strength first or you lose the option after boosting beyond trainable levels.

Thoughts?

Still true but you're only 10 pts away from the max trained level so if you need them, use them, 10 pts isn't going to be a big deal in the end.

Good to know. Right now it takes me almost 5 minutes of careful circling and blocking to kill an Elite Lizard with a certain reforged weapon so I know I need more strength. I've killed two Ogres but with many a reload and I still cant take an Ash Beast.

They are all quite easy with Fireballs at level 10, but hey, if you want to do it the hard way........... :)

Yeah, fireballs do sound like a good idea at times ='.'=
Ogres were really tough for me at first, then i started getting a quick circle manuever in around to their right when they strike, seems to work well. Ashbeasts still work me over pretty good tho!

Basically, the maximum strength is 200 with equipment. You will be able to make 20 Strength potions (which is 100 Strength) and get 5 free from apples/eggs. So basically, 95 is all you need to maximize the Strength even without the use of Strength equipment.

If you have 200 Strength and equip the +15 Strength amulet, you get a whooping.. 200 Strength. So there's very little point in saving potions above 90 Strength; you'll be able to get so close to cap regardless, and can just use an item if you want to reach the actual cap (in your case, the non-gear maximum will be 195, then you can just put on a +5 Strength ring, and you're done).

In any case, there's not a huge difference between 190 or 200 Strength, unless you're trying to achieve maximum damage potential just for the sake of it, in which case you can also use a Berserk scroll to get 250 Strength (Berserk is the only way to boost your Strength above 200).

I'm sorry for the brag-fest but I was surprised I could kill an Ashbeast in chapter 1 even before getting into Harbor Town (I am such a big man aren't I? :))…with 10 strength and a cutlass…It was mostly due to a move I learned for very fast hitting…some foes go for it and some see through it but Ashbeasts go for it :) …scorpions, wolves and some others go for it too but lizards, ogres, grasshoppers and some others don't… With Ashbeasts all you need is to know your surrounding and come in an angle that corners or pushes him against the wall… you should come in with the first swipe and not let go for about two-three minutes until the thing is dead… using this magic move: leftclick…rightclick…leftclick…rightclick…in quick succession - note that when you alternate between them you might feel you need to prolong the rightclick (shield) just by a tiny bit more than the leftclick… You will get the hang of it if you try it in the air … The effect of it I think is that you always get the first most fastest and least powerful hit over and over again… Ashbeasts especially really fall for this and I already have 5 Ashbeast hearts and skins surprisingly easily due to this simple move…not to mention that I use it in every fight and no human is match for me with it as my base move…only ogres and lizards give me a good beating… Hope you managed to get the move and I hope It helps…

SILLYCHILDISHBRAGUPDATE: 7 Dead Ashbasters... still with Don's crummy golden sword..... level 1..... chapter 1....I'll stop now :) (This is the worst you'll get from me I promise...)

Last edited:
I drank em. I'm at 175 now and I've figured out some tactics for Ogres and AshBeasts. They all go down now.

Back
Top Bottom