Risen How Do I Fix Key Bindings for Risen?

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch
I've been unable to figure out how to adjust certain key bindings for this game.

I use an external keypad and cannot work with the default key bindings.

From what I gather, there is supposed to be a file named ConfigUser.xml in the steamapps/common/Risen/Data/ini folder.

There is a ConfigDefault.xml and several other files, but none of them has anything pertaining to the key bindings except for keyboard_and_console.txt, which seems to be simply a readme file.

If anyone else has a ConfigUser.xml file, can you paste it here for me to copy and create a new configuser.xml file? I need the list of all the key binding commands in order to change them to match my keypad.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
In case anyone else has this problem - I was able to find the folder where ConfigUser.xml is stored by doing a search in explorer for %AppData%

C:\Users\[insert username]\AppData\Local\Risen

That 2nd pic made me laugh out loud… :)

So this didn't happen prior to making changes to the config file? What kind of keyboard are you using that won't allow you to just use the in-game menu to rebind keys?

That 2nd pic made me laugh out loud… :)

So this didn't happen prior to making changes to the config file? What kind of keyboard are you using that won't allow you to just use the in-game menu to rebind keys?

Yes, perhaps because I edited the config file in Notepad?

I'm using a nostromo keypad and I need to use the cursor_up, cursor_down, etc. keys for the directional pad, as well as F7,F8, F2, F10 instead of W,A,S,D, and I use F11 for quicksave.

I was able to remap all the key bindings just fine. However, now the protagonist is a headless creature for some strange reason. (Could it be some kind of config setting related to meshes or textures?)

I wish I could be of more help, but I've honestly never seen this before. The only similar thing I can recall was in Gothic 3, where the PC would have no head if you used a demo save with the full game.

Have you tried the official forums yet?

Back
Top Bottom