Last game you finished, tell us about it

Well it's obvious Joxer loves Tits. Sorry someone had to do it.:biggrin:

the game only really has two main gameplay elements, a railroaded story with barely any room for choice or consequence, and combat
It does have puzzles, not many, just a couple or so, but they're in the form of riddles and I had no clue and they both beat me completely.
I really didn't like what I was seeing with the characters
The combat can get repetitive
As is the usual curse of story-driven games, it denies one the ability to have a character creation screen. Further to that one can't even use a different weapon.
… but it has a good (railroaded) story and no grind.

You did say those things, correct? Are any of those statements untrue?
I was confused because you said a great many negative things in your review, but still thought it was a good game anyway. If it really is that limited in scope, I don't understand what there is to enjoy.

You did say those things, correct? Are any of those statements untrue?
I was confused because you said a great many negative things in your review, but still thought it was a good game anyway. If it really is that limited in scope, I don't understand what there is to enjoy.

Most reviews contain a combination of positives and negatives, it's a feature of the format. No decent review has ever been written that does not contain a great many 'negative' things, but to construe that something was a 'negative' review by such a method would be to not read any of the positive things nor count the positive against the negative. To which the conclusion is the embodiment of whether the review was intended to be positive or negative in tone.

Further, sure I said the things you quoted, duh, but they are all answered within the review. To ask me to clarify these points would result in me asking you to re-read the review, lmao.

For example, you're hilariously simplistic paraphrasing of the positives is:

… but it has a good (railroaded) story and no grind.

When in the review I started a paragraph with the exact phrase:

However there is more to the game than just that, anyone who says "that's all there is" is vastly underselling the different things you do in the game from moment to moment.

To which I go on to elaorate on how the game is much more than that. In fact, the whole review is pretty much explaining why it's much more than that.

And after three posts from you I'm struggling to understand any reasoning as to why you view certain segments as negatives in the first place to the point where you would feel the need to say that from what I wrote "it sound terrible". A great story & combat sounds terrible does it? Oh well, I guess it takes all sorts...

But the real clincher that you're probably just bored and looking for some forum entertainment is when you quote me as saying:

The combat can get repetitive

When the actual line is:

The combat can get repetitive occasionally

At which point, yes, it is really quite evident that there's something 'funny' going on with your contributions...

So what specifically does Tits do right? Lackblogger's description makes it sound terrible.

- The combat is fun. It's tactical from the beginning, but not hardcore by any means -- the difficulty is nicely pitched that the frequent battles are neither so trivial as to be boring or so knotty as to be boring.

- The characters are genuinely charming. You know how JRPG characters are tooth-gratingly cutesy and you just want to drive over them with a truck? Well, I actually found Estelle Bright not cutesy but cute. I really wanted her to be happy.

Thank you Hexprone for actually answering my question, without being defensive.

Hey Lacky, good review. I purchased the game awhile back but have never gotten around to playing it. I played so many JRPGs on my Nintendo, and sega and playstation, its just kinda hard to get up for playing another one. The PC rpgs are just so superior in just about all ways.

You pointed out all the problems I currently have with JRPGs and yet you convinced me to give that one a go. Keep writing.

I finished Cosmic Star Heroine this morning, quite a nifty game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of Phantasy Star series, with both sword wielders and blaster types in your group, as well for opponents. I think it was by the same company that made Cthulhu Saves the World, so if you've played that one you'll have an idea of what to expect. It seemed a bit longer than that earlier game, I think I finished it in twenty-two hours or so. Well worth playing if you enjoyed older type rpg's, and I have to say that should this company continue to produce games, I will continue to purchase them!!

Baldur's Gate: Seige of Dragonspear.

It was...OK. Worth the money for how much content one gets. I easily added an additional 30 hours to my 70 hours on BG1.

Finshed the story of AC origins at level 35 using level 24 gear and a cursed sword (30% health) on hard difficulty. I admit I turned it down to normal difficulty for the Flavius fight.

Can't remember much of the story but the settings was amazing, and I liked the stealth combat well enough. Oh, and Bayek should listen less to Aya. She is quite selfish. :)

I love the setting so much I'm going to level my character further to level 40 before calling it a day (13 regions are still undiscovered too). According to uplay my playtime is 37 hours, game progression is 77% (this is only quests right? as I did almost nothing of the viewpoints syncing etc.), 1177 kills, and travelled 387 km.

I'm even considering the dlc... if there is anything good there.

Attachments

• ACO_stats.jpg
    ACO_stats.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 60
One DLC is an additional map with a bunch of quests and an oversized fortress. I have to suggest taking all quests in that area before entering that huge fortress due to quest overlaps.

Another DLC is basically another world with a few separate entrance points for different areas. And more quests, of course.
For this one I suggest not using flaming weapons. Too risky. ;)

37 hours? I'm not surprised you're still ready for more, that's an extremely short amount of time to be in a computer game. I'm genuinely surprised, I always thought the Ass Creed games were bigger time sinks than that. Endless sprawls of endless quests like most open world games. I guess I learn something new every day! Can you play it again using a completely different character? 2x37=74 hours, much closer to the average time it takes me to start getting a bit bored of a big game I like. Really, I had no idea the Ass games were so small.

Finshed the story of AC origins at level 35 using level 24 gear and a cursed sword (30% health) on hard difficulty. I admit I turned it down to normal difficulty for the Flavius fight.

Can't remember much of the story but the settings was amazing, and I liked the stealth combat well enough. Oh, and Bayek should listen less to Aya. She is quite selfish. :)

I love the setting so much I'm going to level my character further to level 40 before calling it a day (13 regions are still undiscovered too). According to uplay my playtime is 37 hours, game progression is 77% (this is only quests right? as I did almost nothing of the viewpoints syncing etc.), 1177 kills, and travelled 387 km.

I'm even considering the dlc… if there is anything good there.

Great game. I have attached my stats. The Dlc is supposed to be excellent, i've only played a little, but intend to play the rest soon before I dive into Odyssey.

Attachments

• Origins.jpg
    Origins.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 59
37 hours? I'm not surprised you're still ready for more, that's an extremely short amount of time to be in a computer game. I'm genuinely surprised, I always thought the Ass Creed games were bigger time sinks than that.
Yes and no. He said he didn't go clearing everything. Except eagle "upgrades", most probably he avoided stupid timewasting chariot races (not required to 100% the game), arena and elephants (although optional these are fun and don't respawn endlessly).
His game, his choice. Mine was to complete everything. Well, except races, can't stand need for speed bullshit any more and thankfully Ubi did not include that rubbish in later Odyssey.

Yes, I just went for the story missions first to make sure I don't get burned out before I can finish it. Afterwards I do some cleanup in these large open-world games. I did some sidequests only to get to the recommended level before each story mission, unlike @skally_wag; who is doing everything it seems.

Great game. I have attached my stats. The Dlc is supposed to be excellent, i've only played a little, but intend to play the rest soon before I dive into Odyssey.
Level 54, 177 hours in, and not yet finished the base game. And that's what you call a little :p

Not to mention 100% of the viewpoints synched. Crazy ;)

Yes, I just went for the story missions first to make sure I don't get burned out before I can finish it. Afterwards I do some cleanup in these large open-world games. I did some sidequests only to get to the recommended level before each story mission, unlike @skally_wag; who is doing everything it seems.

Level 54, 177 hours in, and not yet finished the base game. And that's what you call a little :p

Not to mention 100% of the viewpoints synched. Crazy ;)

Sorry, it must be the way I worded it, I have played the whole base game, its the Dlc iv'e only played a little.

Back
Top Bottom