Risen Flora/Fauna Respawning

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
It seems like plant/beast respawns work differently in this game compared with G1/G2. I could swear I've cleared out an area and later I come back (within the same chapter) and I find a plant or a living monster. Can anyone confirm this?

It seems like plant/beast respawns work differently in this game compared with G1/G2. I could swear I've cleared out an area and later I come back (within the same chapter) and I find a plant or a living monster. Can anyone confirm this?

I'm almost sure they do. In fact the animals seem to level with you up to a point. At least wolves. I've found regular wolves in certain areas and gone back later and found black wolves in the same general area.

I think it's triggered by special events (main quest related) rather than level (Oblivion) or just chapters (Gothic).

An example is the spawning of lizardpeople, which happens after you first encounter one, either in the temple in the East, or the North East temple. It is irrelevant which one you clear out first; once you've cleared one of them, the lizardpeople will spawn all over the island.

there are 4 acts, when you finish an act, new monsters spawn at certain locations.

there are 4 acts, when you finish an act, new monsters spawn at certain locations.

Yes, that is the traditional methodolgy in G1/G2. But what I'm talking about here are respawns *within* the same chapter.

Today, I confirmed there are definatley respawns of monsters. Still not totally sure about plants.

It works like I said - special events trigger it. A chapter change is always a special event, and will certainly trigger it, but there are other events as well.

Yes, there are respawns of flora/fauna within the same chapter. However the rarer ones do not respawn, ever (like crown).

Back
Top Bottom