The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

This morning I had A Moon Shaped Pool cranked super loud because of construction going on outside our condo today. About ninety minutes ago when I had lunch, I heard one of my neighbours whistling "Burn the Witch" while I was whipping up my meal. It does my heart good to know I've inflicted awesome music on folks!

Today I spent roughly six hours listening to Steven Patrick Morrissey, in several of his many incarnations. You really cannot go wrong with any of his albums, or any of the acts he's been a part of.

Heard this on the radio when I was a kid and liked it, but never knew what the song was called. Then heard it again on the radio yesterday and thanks to the Internet and online radio playlists there's another youth mystery solved!

Yesterday I spent a few hours listening to Small Faces. The original act didn't last long, the great ones often don't, but Marriott's voice is simply timeless, and that band knows how to play their instruments. I'm not the biggest Rod Stewart fan, but that band even made him sound good!

Last edited:
Yes!
I mean… I adore Morricone, but there is another reason why I put those two videos above. This now could be just a coincidence, but I'll fantasize it's not and my poke in the eye try was fruitful. :)

Even more Sean Lennon music. Solo, or part of several groups, you cannot go wrong with his music, and his harmonies and playing along with Les Claypool are nothing short of amazing. I'm not a big fan of his Saber Tooth Tiger offerings, but even that is head and shoulders above most musical acts.

Even more Sean Lennon music. Solo, or part of several groups, you cannot go wrong with his music, and his harmonies and playing along with Les Claypool are nothing short of amazing. I'm not a big fan of his Saber Tooth Tiger offerings, but even that is head and shoulders above most musical acts.

Les is awesome man. I got to go see Primus recently and it was an awesome show.

I recently have been listening to Death again after not having heard it in awhile. Human was my favorite album but now I'm thinking Leprosy is their best.

Back
Top Bottom