Diablo III: Reaper of Souls - Videos & Reviews

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Diablo III: Reaper of Souls was released yesterday and as we all know that means the reviews will follow. I managed to find two new interview videos, and six reviews.

So to get started VG 24/7 has two new interview videos about what you can expect to play in the next game act, and talks about the auction house closure.

Diablo 3′s first expansion, Reaper of Souls, hits Mac and PC this week. In the video below, lead producer Alex Mayberry chats with Sam about what’s changed in Sanctuary.

The second video below goes further into nitty-gritties, as Mayberry explains precisely why Diablo 3′s successful but divisive Auction House got the chop.
And for the next part I found six new reviews that are all positive.

Forbes - No Score

If you hated Diablo 3 at launch, it’s hard to blame you, but the console version was a blast and the PC version has been patched into a game that’s 100% more fun than the alpha test version released two years ago for retail. Give it another shot if you gave it up, it might surprise you.
Cheatcc - 3.6/5

In short, if you weren’t a huge Diablo III fan then Reaper of Souls won’t change your mind. However, if you enjoyed the original then Reaper of Souls adds a new class, several new environments, and a bunch of replay value. Just be warned, the plot isn’t the greatest and you’ll likely have to purchase another expansion in the future to finally see some sort of satisfying conclusion.
Inside Gaming Daily - 8/10

With so many changes to the core game the Diablo III experience today is very different from even a few months after its launch. For mercenaries everywhere, the loot upgrades are probably enough to justify diving back in to this deeply depressing storyline. If you always thought Diablo was “not for you” then move along, nothing to see here.
MMORPG - 8.5/10

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls is the game that should have been released two years ago. Even saying that, waiting patiently for this past couple of years, it was well worth it. The inclusion of Loot 2.0, Paragon points, Adventure Mode, and the Crusader has made Diablo III a bright and shiny new game that has finally earned that 8.5 we assigned to it two years ago.
GamesRadar - 4/5

Though Reaper of Souls' story additions feel too open-ended, the new Crusader class and Adventure Mode go a long way towards revitalizing Diablo's inherently fun and addictive core gameplay.
Gamingtrend - 9/10

It doesn’t take but a glance upwards at the last near-1500 words to see that Reaper of Souls is far more than a single character and a new chapter expansion. So much has changed, and literally all for the better. By taking the chains off of the game mechanics, removing the disruptive Auction House, and refining the game mechanics that serve as the base of Diablo III, Reaper of Souls is finally the loot-grabbing adventure we all wanted.

More information.

"[H]as finally earned that 8.5 we assigned to it two years ago."

Tough to find a better example of what's wrong with gaming journalism these days.

"[H]as finally earned that 8.5 we assigned to it two years ago."

Tough to find a better example of what's wrong with gaming journalism these days.

Was just about to post the same. Farcical.

Is there a specific reason the prior two comments are gone?

Oh you mean the off-topic posts. They are fixed now.

Keep in mind this thread is about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Were not here to discuss gaming journalism. Take that to the forums.;)

Now to get this thread back on topic I would give the game a 6/10 on release, and the expansion an 8/10. The new updates do make the game better.

So I agree with the reviews, but still wouldn't mind an off-line option.:)

Last edited:
After the way D3 turned out, no games from Blizaard are going to be an insta-buy for me anymore. I'll wait and see what gamers think of it, particularly what people here think of it.

Oh you mean the off-topic posts. They are fixed now.

Keep in mind this thread is about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls. Were not here to discuss gaming journalism. Take that to the forums.;)

Now to get this thread back on topic I would give the game a 6/10 on release, and the expansion an 8/10. The new updates do make the game better.

So I agree with the reviews, but still wouldn't mind an off-line option.:)

I don't want to sound like a jerk but this post is about Diablo 3 reviews and they were discussing a diablo 3 review. Starting a diablo 3 review thread as an offshoot of a diablo 3 review thread to "keep it on topic" seems a little bit silly. They really were completely on topic. There really isn’t any question about it.

Personally, I give Diablo 3 a 3, and that is because it has a GUI inventory and not a list inventory. No skill trees? No thank you.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but this post is about Diablo 3 reviews and they were discussing a diablo 3 review.
Opinion noted but I'm really tired of certain posters constantly posting off -topic.;)
After the way D3 turned out, no games from Blizaard are going to be an insta-buy for me anymore. I'll wait and see what gamers think of it, particularly what people here think of it.
I agree with you as Blizzard is not my top developer were I buy their games on day one anymore either. At least they have patched the game were it's enjoyable now.

I agree with the reivews. It's enjoyable for anyone who liked D3, as it really makes the game better.

Back
Top Bottom