PC Gamer - PC Games & Gender Survey

I sometimes question these survey since their claim that 50% of all "gamers" are female does not match up with what I see.

Do you know how many posters here at the Watch are female?

Nope. If I take guess, around 30%?

The question was was more to point out that outside of your circle of acquaintances, which is in no way representative of the gaming population, you do not know who is a man or woman gamer. You're taking a guess, but it's biased by your perception.

If I take my direct circle of acquaintances (co-workers, friends, family), I know a single female gamer, but that's because my circle of acquaintance is at majority male (working place is like 99% male) and few of them play video games.

If I take my online gaming circles, my GW2 guild is at majority female.

I know it's again just a sample, but in my real life friends circle I don't know a single female gamer despite the female share being roughly 50%. Would like to have it different, so my wife might understand that it's not an infantile male thing.

I know plenty of female games, some that enjoy solo games, and even more that play a mmo or three. Hands down, they tend to play the mmo toons much better than their male counterparts.

And as for poling a site to find how many women are present, I would personally find that creepy beyond belief.

If some are below the average in terms of women in their close circle, it means that others are above the average.

Back
Top Bottom