Latest Puzzle Quest News

magerette

Hedgewitch
Puzzle Quest is one of the games I've been keeping my eye on for awhile for any news of the PC version. For those who haven't played it, it's a puzzle/rpg hybrid--which sounds weird but is extremely addictive. Til now it's only been available for PSP and DS.

This little article at Gamespot doesn't really say too much about the PC, but apparently it's set to go for XBox Live. At least they are still talking about "when" the PC version will be out, not "if" :) There's a lot of info on what they've done to the game since it came out for handhelds, and other stuff they are working on.

Anyway, for those interested, here's the link to the article.

Puzzle/rpg might be an interesting combo. I've been enjoying an XBox racing game (Forza) which have rpg elements -- well, not true rpg elements but you earn money by winning races and go up levels which gives you discounts and you can buy all sort of upgrades to your cars boosting easily recognizable stats such as speed and braking -- and having something like this with puzzles might be fun.

It's a lots of fun, and it's sounds similar to what you're describing, NFLed --only with the fantasy touch--druids and such.
There's a PC demo over at GamersHell--but I warn you, it's a real time sink. ;)

I have no idea what the hold up is on this game. After losing a week to the demo (which can be largely completed in under an hour), I've got my eyes open. I've heard a few silly console conspiracy theories, but it makes no sense why there's not even a sniff of a PC release date yet. Supposedly, the game was developed for the PC originally and ported to the consoles even though the PC release is 6 months behind the handhelds and counting.

I don't know either ... all I know is that at this point I won't be getting it. The PSP game still travels everywhere with me and I have completely lost the DS copy to the kids ... and I have logged so many hours into it ...

I just want to get past level 7! Still playing the demo after four months or so--but this article talks about a lot of features the demo doesn't have, like item creation? Anyway, I can't believe you have time to play it at all, Mike--though it's pretty easy to fit it in for short sessions.

I think this would be a great game for kids--my daughter-in-law would love to have a game her boys could play for hours(she has 5 under 8 years old o_o and they are...quite active!)

You can do item creation in the demo, magerette. Have you been visiting your citadel? By building all the structures, you can do item creation, capture cities, learn spells, and capture a mount. Of course, it takes quite a while to generate the money to build those structures and you'll have to be insanely lucky on a few of the battles, but it can be done if you're obsessive enough.

5 kids under 8? Gawd, that's even worse than me. That woman needs a vacation. I don't even know her and I know she needs a vacation.

Ah, the Citadel! No, I've been mostly doing the Instant Action death matches since I figured I couldn't advance any further. I'll have to check it out.

Yes, my DIL should be decorated for bravery under fire and given a vacation--or at least a portal into an alternate universe where she could slip away occasionally. ;) They came here last summer when there were only 4 of them, and after 6 hours, I was looking for a vacation!

Each city you control produces money on a regular basis. You'll see a little gold flash on the city and hear a "cha-ching". Note that you get no extra if you take too long--the main city gives you 100gp every dozen or so moves. If you take 30 moves to get back to the main city, you still only collect 100gp. You can rack up money by running back and forth between the cities if you can manage the patience.

Alright !! Eurogamer has a bigger article on the XBL announcement, in which they state :
Meanwhile, a post on the developer's website reveals that the PC version is due out in the US on 22nd October.

Here's the info.

And there was much rejoicing!

Getting to be too many games in my queue and that's only going to get worse with Christmas on the horizon.

I play the demo nightly before bed when I don't want to play a more involved game that will keep me up--(yeah right--125 showdowns later, the neighbor's rooster is raising cain and the schoolbus brakes recall me to reality. ;) )

Just found out it'll be available for PS2 in late November. I'll get that unless it's preceded by a PC version that's not download only.

I wouldn't mind the download, but apparently they're having some problems with it atm so I'm waiting for awhile. I'm not going to buy a game that won't install.

Edit: Just checked the Inifinite Interactive forums and there's supposed to be a physical release of the game on CD next week, can be preordered from amazon. Also, they're working on a patch for the GG DL--apparently Gamers Gate chucked the installer program the devs included and used their own, thusly messing up some files.
Edit #2: Contrary to what the forums above had to say, it's not listed on amazon or anywhere else that I can locate, but the ps2 is definitely there, Jaz.

Edit#3:I spend waaaay too much time on the internet--here's a link--finally--to the amazon preorder of the boxed copy---PC, but for U.S. only.

Last edited:
I had seen, in passing, the buzz about the game here at the Watch so when I saw it on Xbox Live I just HAD to download it to see what it was all about.

3 hours later I unlocked the full version and have aligning skulls ever since. This game is REALLY addictive, and the music is surprisingly good for a "low budget" game.

Ordered the PS2 version last night. It's my currently most used gaming rig, anyway.

The official site is rather uninformative. Can I buy this online for download somewhere?

Apparently, the Gamer'sGate people removed infinite interactive's installer and replaced it with their own; in the process they left out some dll files. This results in black screen iinstalls for some people(quite a few) hence the patch. If you have problems during or after download, this thread is helpful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom