The TV Series discussion thread

That whole Buffy thing makes no damn sense at all to me, with how the series ended there are multiple avenues available to simply continue the story. Why on earth would they reboot the bloody thing and invalidate years of canon??
Given the current state of Hollywood and it's political agenda I'm not surprised. Though what bothers me more is the lack of any creativity for TV, and movies nowadays.
One show I'm quite enjoying is Preacher. In some ways it is very different from the comics, which is a smart idea when the medias are so very different. For me, it has gotten the story and relationships quite right so far, and this is one I'll be continuing to watch.
I read the comic years ago just like The Walking Dead. What worries me is does the story telling differ from the comic again, and will it take 20+ season just to finish?

Just look at The Walking Dead eight seasons and it just drags on. I even read this week that the main character Andrew Lincoln/Rick Grimes is leaving the show this season.

I don't look at the walking dead anymore, at least not the televised version, I'll stick with the comic books. The other show, the Fear one, that one I enjoy watching because I find both the story and acting far superior. For me, the Fear version is much better than the Walking televised version ever was, at least to the point where I stopped watching it.

I don't look at the walking dead anymore, at least not the televised version, I'll stick with the comic books. The other show, the Fear one, that one I enjoy watching because I find both the story and acting far superior. For me, the Fear version is much better than the Walking televised version ever was, at least to the point where I stopped watching it.
I heard of the spin-off but never watched.

It's a prequel before the start of Walking Dead right?

Given the current state of Hollywood and it's political agenda I'm not surprised. Though what bothers me more is the lack of any creativity for TV, and movies nowadays.
Yeah.. I'd totally have whooped for another spin-off with original characters, but I'm totally not thrilled about a "re-imagined reboot". Joss Whedon seems to be executive producing it, so that's something at least, but still. Guess I'd rather re-watch the original series as well as Angel, as I'm sure I missed some episodes back in the day.

Finished The Expanse Season 3 and it was great fun! Just one boring episode, but otherwise I'm very happy this show (still) exists.

That whole Buffy thing makes no damn sense at all to me, with how the series ended there are multiple avenues available to simply continue the story. Why on earth would they reboot the bloody thing and invalidate years of canon??

Well from what I remember in the intro it said something like "in every generation there's someone who kicks vampire's asses", since Buffy was like 20 years ago guess this would be about the next generation's vampire slayer.

Fear was behind the other dead show for a while, and then pretty much caught up to it. There have been mentions of possible huge areas of both time and space that might come up again in the future, since it's obvious they skipped a few years to catch up to the other show.

I'd say more about the Buffy universe but I wouldn't want to spoil it for folks that might not have watched. The whole generational thing was pretty much made invalid by the last season of the show, so if they return to that scenario it pretty much eliminates a lot of the show. For that matter, even the comics seem to consider the show absolute canon, so I'm just flummoxed that they'd just reboot the whole thing all over again.

I also much prefer Fear over The Walking Dead. Better stories, characters, setting, feels fresher, however-

I felt absolutely nothing when Kim Dickens' character was killed off (supposedly) though I found Nick's death sudden, tragic and powerful, especially when compared to the looooong, drawn out demise of that little puke Carl Jr in TWD

Been watching Killing Eve and though I'm late to the party, I'm finding it a joy. I now have a full-blown fatal crush on Jody Comer and I'll be sure to check out Thirteen after I finish Killing Eve to see how versatile she is.

Walking Dead is terrible now and has been for quite some time. It went from being one of the best shows on television to completely mediocre imo.

Fear the Walking Dead was actually pretty good the last couple of seasons. I'm not sure about it going forward though since they've killed off most of the better characters.

Being a fan of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, is the season with him in it worth watching if I gave up after Season 3 with all the kumbayah commune stuff?

I loved the first season of Walking Dead - which, I believe, is also the one Darabont most actively contributed to. I'm a huge fan of his work, so that makes sense to me.

To me, it's been in a steady decline since Season 2 - but I haven't seen anything from the past couple of seasons. I believe the last thing I saw was right after that "Governor" crap.

I’m in the minority here I guess, I’m still very much enjoying the walking dead. I’ll concede it’s not as good now but still very entertaining imo. I was surprised Andrew Lincoln came out and said he’s leaving the show. It kills any suspense. I wonder if there’s a rift there.

As for fear I didn’t like it at all. I didn’t like any of the characters and that killed it for me. I only watched 3/4 of the first season though so maybe it’s gotten better.

Looks like all the rumours of a Dead Wood movie to finish off the series were true, HBO had picked it up for the finish. This might be the best television news of all year, at least so far!

Looks like all the rumours of a Dead Wood movie to finish off the series were true, HBO had picked it up for the finish. This might be the best television news of all year, at least so far!

I really enjoyed that series. Some really likable rogues, drug addicts, psychopaths, serial killers, lesbians, and drunkards among the characters. If they pick up exactly where it left off I wonder how they'll do it - the cast is 12-14 years older. I really liked the old indian hunter guy and quite enjoyed the actor's guest appearance in a story arc on Fear The Walking Dead last season.

Probably stick with the facts of the people portrayed in the series, I would think. South Dakota's push for statehood, and all the fallout that that will cause within the town is plenty of fodder for a two hour flick. But then again, they could do something totally haywire and it still would be fantastic.

I finished Godless and liked it as well, even though it did get to be a bit predictable in the second half.

I'm halfway through The Terror, which is a series I've wanted to see for a while now. It'a a series based on a book by Dan Simmons, author of the well known Hyperion series.

It's really great. It's set in 1840s with two british ships that aim to find a way through the Arctic. The series looks amazing, and very authentic. The acting is brilliant. And I just love the steampunk feel of it all. I also find new amazement in what those marines must have endured to cross such harsh environment. Really recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom