Grimoire - is there really hope?

oleksus

Watcher
Yesterday I managed to get into grimoiresystems.com and couldn't believe my eyes! There's a banner promising release by this X-mas! Can it be true that my most anticipated game (if not the last resort for me in gaming world) will settle on my harddrive finally?

Man, that would be just awesome! I'm holding my breath again.

Its actually a pretty good game....alot like wizardry 7 but modernized...what I have seen has a few bugs and its definately tough. Its got some neat story elements once you get into it...can be a bit daunting at first.

You can have a pretty big party, wonder if it would have been better to have a smaller party and then be able to use summons but never tried that...but ifyou liked wizardry or bards tale...you will like this game.

See, it's not just me who likes it!! :)

I'd also purchase a level and sprite editor to make my own adventures, and that would be the day I'd forget about the game market entirely.

Anyway, soon as I make a million bucks, i'll hire a team of coders and artists to make me own Eye of Beholder 4!

Like I said its alot like those games....and very close to be done.

Has someone a link to screenshots for me ?

I used the link from above, but there isn't much to see there ... Or am I blind, dumb, stupid, whatever ?

You know the graphics in the game are definately older, but they do the job...it plays well, and it is huge!....everything an rpg fan would want to tell the truth...few bugs here and there that need to be fixed but its pretty complete....some empty chests as well.

I like the graphics. They look quite nice, and remind me a little bit of RoA and Wizardry 8.

I only wish the "world screen" would be bigger. It seems quite small to me.

You don't really notice it....with all the character avatars it makes it easy to folow combat.

It's looked good for several years. I think I found out about it three years ago. I guess it's a good thing the dev is a perfectionist, because otherwise we'd ended up with another Devil Whiskey; unbalanced and missing features from the launch. With only one guy working on it though, that means development time is slow.

The graphics are good. Colorful, functional, and detailed enough to not be bland, while not being too busy. Of course, I'm going off old low-res screencaps. I haven't played it, so I leave that to those who beta-tested it.

It's on my 'wait and see' list. I've got to have a linux version, so that's the big sticker for me.

It only runs in Windoze; you'd have to run some type of emulator perhaps, since I can't see Cleve producing 2 versions.

Of course there's really hope.

I was working on it tonight. One of my first tasks was to get rid of DirectSound, DirectMedia requirement ... since the game itself does not use DirectX graphics there is no reason to require the user to have Directsound installed. I am switching it over to OpenAL library instead for midi and sound playback. I think this must be the tenth time I have rewritten the sound and music routines. I can't understand it either.

After sound and music works correctly again it will be time to continue working my way through the bug list and finish off the remaining parts of the scenario that are weak or incomplete. All remaining graphics (cutscenes, special features, unique animations) will probably be whipped together with ZBrush and Poser where needed using cel rendering.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Mike, even your kids will like Grimoire; it's bright and colourful!! :)

Back
Top Bottom