GOG - Forgotten Realms: The Archives

wolfsrain

Sentinel
Forgotten Realms: The Archives on GOG

The Archives are a set of thirteen D&D GoldBox classics packaged across three collections:
--Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One features Eye of the Beholder I, II, and III. It's the three and only, the gold-standard in classic RPG dungeon crawling.

--Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two features more gameplay hours and secrets than we could ever count - with Pool of Radiance, Hillsfar, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Gateway to the Savage Frontier, Pools of Darkness, Secret of the Silver Blades, Treasures of the Savage Frontier, and D&D: Unlimited Adventures.

--Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three features near-infinite replay value and and an important chunk of RPG history with Dungeon Hack and Menzoberranzan.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_forgotten_realms_the_archives_a239d/page1

So, we have some of the Gold Box on GOG, peeps!

Direct links:

https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_one
https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_two
https://www.gog.com/game/forgotten_realms_the_archives_collection_three

Awesome! Fantastic post, thanks for the heads-up wolfsrain!

I still have my original Wizworks Forgotten Realms cd wallet from the days of yore.
But seeing GOG with digital versions now is very welcome and convenient indeed. :)

It also serves as a neat reminder that I never did complete Eye of the Beholder III back in the day...I think I'll buy that collection first. :)

Aw, yeah! I've been waiting for these. I was never that crazy about the Eye of the Beholder series, but the second collection looks really good. That's a hell of a lot of great games for £10.

That third collection's just weird. Two lackluster games? Dungeon Hack's ok for the odd jaunt, but Menzoberranzan? I guess they're really counting on the drow/Underdark fetishists flocking to that one.

It looks like the original Neverwinter Nights and Hillsfar are absent from the Forgotten Realms titles released on GOG, maybe they will come later, hopefully along with Dark Sun, Raveloft, and the Dragonlance series such as the Krynn games.

Edit: I am blind, Hillsfar is included just not NWN

Last edited:
They might come later. If they finally managed to get the publishing rights for those, we might seen the whole SSI D&D catalogue on GOG.

Also it looks that there is Linux support for some of the titles included in this first wave.

I have the silver box for all of these. Not sure why they split it into 3 parts on gog. Based on my buggy experience with gog dosbox ports, I'd read other people's experiences first on the gog forums before buying.

Wow, nice!!! So in time we really might see all the classic SSI's at some point on GoG, that is just beyond excellent. AFK to go throw money at GoG simply for being awesome and whatnot!

It looks like the original Neverwinter Nights and Hillsfar are absent from the Forgotten Realms titles released on GOG, maybe they will come later, hopefully along with Dark Sun, Raveloft, and the Dragonlance series such as the Krynn games.

Hillsfar's in the second collection with the rest of the Pools series. Or at least it's listed as bring a part of it. How much of the original NWN would work now, since it was an online game?

I really hope they release the Dark Sun games. The first one was amazing and should be better remembered than it is today. I never could get the second one to work well enough to get very far.

Edit: I am blind, Hillsfar is included just not NWN

This is just like boxed release of Forgotten Realms: The Archives plus Unlimited Adventures (not a game actually) minus Blood&Magic.

Hillsfar's in the second collection with the rest of the Pools series. Or at least it's listed as bring a part of it. How much of the original NWN would work now, since it was an online game?

I somehow missed Hillsfar being included. NWN was one I never played, I didn't know it was an online only game, so it probably would not be playable.

Here is the original Forgotten Realms: The Archives retail release in a huge oversized box. :cool:

2zyva6c.jpg

Nice. Same version as mine, except they're in a smaller cd wallet. :)

I actually got the two Dark Sun's +Menzo/Strahd's Possession/Stone Prophet/Al-Qadim in the masterpiece SSI collection. That was another classic big box.

The Forgotten Realms comes to GOG in three nifty packages, featuring thirteen classic AD&D games, including a bunch from the SSI's Gold Box series.

Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection One

The Forgotten Realms world of Dungeons & Dragons has been home to many a hero and imagination since its publication, producing adventures and stories to be retold and enjoyed for years to come. The Forgotten Realms Archive - Collection One allows you to journey through one such set of adventures: the Eye of the Beholder trilogy, a set of first-person, real-time role-playing games.

• Eye of the Beholder
  • Eye of the Beholder II: The Legend of Darkmoon
  • Eye of the Beholder III: Assault on Myth Drannor
Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Two

The Forgotten Realm Archives - Collection Two brings a healthy mix of “Gold Box” and nostalgia goodness to your PC, along with a combination of adventure builders, turn-based and real-time role-playing gameplay. Composed of RPG classics that premiered the Forgotten Realms to video gamers, The Forgotten Realm Archives - Collection Two contains the following titles:

• Pool of Radiance
  • Curse of the Azure Bonds
  • Secret of the Silver Blades
  • Pools of Darkness
  • Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures
  • Gateway to the Savage Frontier
  • Treasures of the Savage Frontier
  • Hillsfar
Forgotten Realms: The Archives - Collection Three

The Forgotten Realms Archives - Collection Three marks the conclusion of the Archives compilation and a change in development from Strategic Simulations Inc. to Dreamforge Intertainment. As SSI’s swan song to the Forgotten Realms universe, these titles celebrate the elements of the AD&D video games that you know and love - vast dungeons and beautiful locations to explore, a wide variety of monsters to slay, quests to complete, adventurers to assemble and worlds to be saved. These titles were a worthy conclusion to one of role-play gaming’s most defining series and will be a fine addition your games collection.

• Dungeon Hack
  • Menzoberranzan
Spotted by wolfsrain. Thanks!

More information.

Great news!
Will definitely buy and replay Eye of the Beholder once I got some time.

fewer and fewer reasons for abandonware sites to exist... sad actually ;)

Nice. Same version as mine, except they're in a smaller cd wallet. :)

I actually got the two Dark Sun's +Menzo/Strahd's Possession/Stone Prophet/Al-Qadim in the masterpiece SSI collection. That was another classic big box.

I had that one, too. Was that the box that had all the cd's just slipped into slits in the cardboard at an angle, or am I mixing it up with another one?

Back
Top Bottom