Starpoint Gemini 3 - Annnounced

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The third installment of Starpoint Gemini has been announced.

LGM Games officially announces Starpoint Gemini 3

A BRAND-NEW TITLE IN THE FRANCHISE

Zagreb, Croatia, February 21, 2019. LGM GamesTM, creators of the Starpoint Gemini franchise, are proud to announce a brand-new title.

The new installment is an open-world space action single-player RPG that puts the player in the cockpit of Captain Jonathan Bold, a space adventurer travelling the vast universe of Starpoint Gemini 3(R).

For the first time in the franchise, Starpoint Gemini 3(R) introduces 3D, animated NPCs that players can interact with, and this time the flight path leads beyond Gemini as they get to explore two new planetary systems, visiting various venues, from pubs with shady clientele to high-tech facilities and noisy, glitzy nightclubs.

Along with the action-packed space battles, Starpoint Gemini 3(R) comes with an array of novel possibilities. With the help of ADAH, a digital consciousness that runs the ship's computer, players can operate the ship's drone and accomplish tasks they wouldn't otherwise be able to do.

The immersive gameplay and the absorbing story of Starpoint Gemini 3(R) takes the players on an unforgettable adventure.

Starpoint Gemini 3 key features

• Adrenaline-packed dogfighting combat

• Brand new tri-system universe layout

• Immersive gameplay and an absorbing storyline with a copious quantity of encounter quests, characters and activities

• Detailed visitable interiors

• New out-of-ship drone control and exploration of space structures

• Rich, versatile free-roam content

• Modular ship upgrading system

A series of video development diaries

A series of Starpoint Gemini video development diaries on YouTube channel, Facebook page, Twitter profile and a textual development blog on LGM GamesTM official website at https://lgmgames.net will give fans and the community the opportunity to stay tuned for news of the game's development stages.

More information.

Not surprised by this announcement.:roll:

We will probably see a four or five in the future also.

Still gotta hand it to the developer they do put allot of effort in news updates. I only want the new game not to be a buggy mess, and take countless patches to fix again.

Looks interesting. Not enough information yet to know if I'll buy it, but definitely one I'll be paying attention to.

Will this be a 4X title ?

No, it's RPG.
I'll approach it very carefully. PR did the good job with the announcement, but after god knows how many duds I kinda can't blindly bite "an absorbing storyline" wording any more.

Is this series any good? Worth playing over x3 Terran Conflict?

Is this series any good? Worth playing over x3 Terran Conflict?
It's completely different from X3. Not as much micromanagement. You take on missions which are similar to this genre, Pirate, smuggling, bounty hunter, and so on.

Also each game in this series has a central story better then the X-Games. Which isn't saying much as you can continue playing after the campaign is finished.

Last edited:
Thanks Couch, I'll take a peek at it.
No problem though the first game is very different. So I would play part two first followed by playing the spin-off version called Warlords. Heck all three games are different.

Last edited:
So it's recommended to start with the first one then? I'll keep that in mind.

So it's recommended to start with the first one then? I'll keep that in mind.
Only problem is the first game doesn't compare to the visuals of the later games.

So my advise as I said above skip it in favor of playing part two first.

Here for one example.

Also the spin-off Warlords is more slanted towards Strategy(Conquering the Galaxy).

I only want the new game not to be a buggy mess, and take countless patches to fix again.

I agree, but I have one more important thing… I want that those NPCs/talking is not just a gimmick. Bacause it looks very good for small indie studio. It would be waste of time and work IMHO if it would be used only for some generic space bars chat that doesnt mean anything before you get some standard quests that you would get without it in previous games. Why not use it FOR QUESTS??

Thats what I would like to see.
- NPCs that are involved in quests that take place both outside (space) and inside.

For example you get quest to hunt some criminal. First you go to get info from some crook. The crook doesnt trust you and escape from station in his ship. You hunt him down in space and make him talk. He tell you that your criminal is hiding on some station. You fly to that station and explore it inside to find out where that criminal is.
- That alone would make quests more immersive and varied and your game above most other space sim/RPGs. Why not to do it if you already have NPCs wth voice overs and some interiers? I dont believe it would be impossible to do more interiers. Stations and ships doesnt need to be very big.

Rebel Galaxy is currently best in genre. When Rebel Galaxy Outlaw launches it will be the new best in Genre. This looks promising but will have to wait and see.

I agree, but I have one more important thing… I want that those NPCs/talking is not just a gimmick. Bacause it looks very good for small indie studio. It would be waste of time and work IMHO if it would be used only for some generic space bars chat that doesnt mean anything before you get some standard quests that you would get without it in previous games. Why not use it FOR QUESTS??

Thats what I would like to see.
- NPCs that are involved in quests that take place both outside (space) and inside.

For example you get quest to hunt some criminal. First you go to get info from some crook. The crook doesnt trust you and escape from station in his ship. You hunt him down in space and make him talk. He tell you that your criminal is hiding on some station. You fly to that station and explore it inside to find out where that criminal is.
- That alone would make quests more immersive and varied and your game above most other space sim/RPGs. Why not to do it if you already have NPCs wth voice overs and some interiers? I dont believe it would be impossible to do more interiers. Stations and ships doesnt need to be very big.

The bars you mention as a "gimmick" will be used for quests. We don't want to share way too specific details (those will be announced and shown on a later date), but yes, you will be able to talk with people and get quests.

For example, you might hear "rumors" about a notorious pirate ship that makes comotion "somewhere out there". And it's up to you to search for it and see what is it all about.

Additionally, yes, we will have some exploreable interiors, but we'll talk about that a bit later.

Back
Top Bottom