Divinity: Fallen Heroes - Preview

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Fansided has previewed Divinity: Fallen Heroes.

The game is certainly challenging, and if past experiences are anything to go on, Divinity: Fallen Heroes will likely include a number of different difficulty options. There is definite potential for replayability as well. I was told the final version of the game would include over 60 missions. Considering I couldn't complete one mission in half an hour, Fallen Heroes is shaping up to still be quite a time sink. Not to mention the added optional objectives and challenges that will be included in the final version of the game.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

From what I read in that preview, this isn’t a game that I would enjoy really. The things I like about DOS2, don’t include the combat. A game centering around that combat, even if it includes guns, isn’t likely to work for me.

Same, though I might be giving it a go, simply because Larian has yet to disappoint me. Then again, this isn't really being developed by them.. ?

Opposite here as I love X-com and similar games.:)

The things I like about DOS2, don’t include the combat.
Not sure if this is the angle you're going for, but I'd say D:OS1 had awesome combat and, to a great extent, they ruined it in D:OS2. Problems included the new armor system, insane scaling of gear, ridiculous Source skills, and out-of-control elemental stuff on the ground everywhere.

So yeah, if this game literally had D:OS2 combat, that might not be so great, but my assumption was that in a game solely focused on combat, the combat would be much improved from D:OS2...

My major issue with combat is the elemental stuff. In Fallen Heroes they even added an extra element and from what I got up to know, it just reads as more of the same. In my view the combat feels degraded and is only about being able to use a bunch of combos with elements. You can already see in advance there is combat to be had somewhere, because there are puddles of water, blood and several barrels with whatever in them. In my opinion the combat would be a lot better if they toned that down and did not make it into the only way you can win in a fight.
Maybe the combat works for others, but not for me. I find it boring and started a play though at a lower level, just to get over with the fighting as quickly as possible.

I'm afraid I'm not one of the biggest Larian enthusiasts. To me it always seems like "Close, but no cigar."

... and I can't stop wishing they'd do something like Ego Draconis again. :(

Same, though I might be giving it a go, simply because Larian has yet to disappoint me. Then again, this isn't really being developed by them.. ?

It's being made by the studio who made the Expeditions game: Logic Artists.

"Evil is the new good". Looks like glorifying gangstas to me. Rap has hit game development via "evil is the new good" meme.

Back
Top Bottom