Witcher 3 - Insider on the Graphics Downgrade

An interview with the developer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IU9rlkCOk9E
The most (maybe?) interesing part is where developer says don't compare demos and trailers with actual gameplay. It's unfair as it's impossible to downgrade a game which didn't even exist.

Also some people said it's "cartoonish" now and wasn't initially. It's not really, the PS4 footage we saw used the wrong color palette and it's now patched/fixed - spot the difference, it's IMO huge (towards better, ofc):
http://n4g.com/news/1725754/witcher...or-correction-compared-with-pre-release-build

nIwKLO4.jpg

It's unfair as it's impossible to downgrade a game which didn't even exist

But it is possible and fair to observe a downgrade between the advertised videos and screenshots on the Steam page, with those from copies sent out for review.

Eh?
But those steam screenshots were made on PC. I don't think we saw PC release version counterpart anywhere. Even last night's IGN stream (at least the part I was watching) didn't visit areas that are on those steam screenshots.
All we can see are PS4 screenshots. For XBone and PC screenshots, we'll have to wait a few more days.

That may be true, but it is not only PC owners observing a downgrade. PS4 was promised that game would look almost the same on all versions. They keep repeating it. Either they release a PC version with original rendering quality, or they accept the reduced level of PS4 version. Either way someone has been downgraded.

The most (maybe?) interesing part is where developer says don't compare demos and trailers with actual gameplay.

"The final version of the game will look better than what can be seen in the latest screenshots – no matter the platform." - CDP

So it was them who started comparing the unifinished game with the final product.

CDP treat their fans like absolute idiots, blind idiots even. I think it's despicable and very embarrasing that they continue this stupid charade.. If they had just stopped and just been honest about the whole situation it would have been absolutely ok. I mean it's just how things are in this business, at the finalisation of the game sometimes they realise that some things just have to go (in this case a downgrade both shader and geometry wise).

"The final version of the game will look better than what can be seen in the latest screenshots – no matter the platform." - CDP

So it was them who started comparing the unifinished game with the final product.

CDP treat their fans like absolute idiots, blind idiots even. I think it's despicable and very embarrasing that they continue this stupid charade.. If they had just stopped and just been honest about the whole situation it would have been absolutely ok. I mean it's just how things are in this business, at the finalisation of the game sometimes they realise that some things just have to go (in this case a downgrade both shader and geometry wise).

This whole saga is getting ridiculous and day by day CDPR is loosing my good will with all their shenanigans. If they just put their hands up and said we made mistake or something similar then whole story would have been dead long time ago.

the-witcher-3-downgrade-6-admvLGj-rcm992x0.jpg

I'm sure you have seen this image but it shows what is meant by flat lighting. If you look at all the foliage, it is evenly lit from foreground to distance, and looks like an single coloured mass. Also the characters look like they have been placed on top the scene, instead of integrated into it. It is the difference between advanced lighting and basic lighting. This separation of elements is what gives it the more cartoonish feel because in cartoons the backgrounds and animated elements were always separetly drawn.

I heard the reason the 2013 video looked so much better was because it used the Creation Engine from Bethesda ;)

Well cdprojek new license allows them to revoke the player's game if they dislike the mod (hack) :)

And don't you dare cheat (not sure what is considered cheating) that will also break the license.

They did use a controller but we saw inventory screens and such. Doesn't look that great to me. Hopefully a job for a modder.

Well cdprojek new license allows them to revoke the player's game if they dislike the mod (hack) :)

And don't you dare cheat (not sure what is considered cheating) that will also break the license.

Good luck revoking my game :)

So is it mod or hack? Two different things really. Still, my TW3 is payed for but, if they tried this trick on me, I know where to look for a replacement...

Still, my TW3 is payed for but, if they tried this trick on me, I know where to look for a replacement…

Exactly. I pay for my games but if they tried revoking my access I would soon fix that. I don't think they will. Probably more general licence text that is meant for online competition games to stop cheating.

I heard the reason the 2013 video looked so much better was because it used the Creation Engine from Bethesda ;)
You made my day! :D

Anyway, I don't understand this level of disappointment over a product that's not seen yet (aka PC release version).

If someone bought PS4 version and is now disappointed, your problem pal.
But I can't nor will cry over something before that something happens and if it happens at all.

This is coming from Watch Dogs customer who got screwed by Ubi and is not preordering any of their future games because of that scandal. Although, in the end, thanks to a modder, PC Watch Dogs was as it should have been - by not preordering I'm just not supporting sales on bloody consoles.
Despite that WD "misfortune", why do I feel like the rational party here?

Man, links please. I hate to search forums I'm not registered on.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...de?p=1525774&highlight=phenomenon#post1525774

I'm just an ignorant player, don't understand the question #2.
Can you explain it in english please? And of course, please, where's blaming fans or stupid wrongdoing? I don't see it in that post anywhere. :)

I do understand however the question #3 and the answer on it "not sure" - so in the end we didn't get PC HD vid and everyone went loco over something not even shown.

Erm, I'm pretty sure the question was something about highend PC (that'd be some i7 K version with 2 titans inside I believe), and the answer that Marcin person gave was yes.
ng youtube video I linked is not with that same Marcin but someone else.
But I still don't understand what is it about? What's VGX?! Some graphics mode only modders know about?

Erm, I'm pretty sure the question was something about highend PC (that'd be some i7 K version with 2 titans inside I believe), and the answer that Marcin person gave was yes.
ng youtube video I linked is not with that same Marcin but someone else.
But I still don't understand what is it about? What's VGX?! Some graphics mode only modders know about?

"Watch this brand new video showing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in action from the VGX Awards."

the names of the trailers are not anything important in this case.

Not important to you. Are you sure that Marcin dude wasn't confused with the question just as I am? If you didn't come out with it, I could read that post over and over and think it's something from question #1, which has a name (Elder Blood).

Back
Top Bottom