Witcher 3 - Insider on the Graphics Downgrade

How would he be confused by their own trailers? It was a very simple question. I know you want to defend CDP and all but wow, sometimes you are really stretching it.. also this is not the first time they've said something like this, they've even said it would look better than in older screenshots, see my previous posts..

You are flogging very dead and very flogged horse guys. 5 more days and we will know for sure. Also in 5 days people will start messing with rendering.ini files and shift through the data to see if something is hiding in there...

Latest quote from CDPR interview:

There’s two things that people have to separate. Downgrade is… Optimization is necessary to make the game run. Downgrade is if you deliberately make the game worse, for whatever reason. That’s totally not what happened.

Also there’s another thing that people have to understand is that it’s very unfair to compare trailers and gameplay demos. Trailer is.. trailer is a beautiful shot. Trailer is prepared, you take one location, you put the perfect lights, and the perfect camera angle, and the perfect scene, and it looks absolutely beautiful. It’s captured in super high-definition and then you postprocess it. It’s a trailer.

So, the original footage was made with lighting and post processesing never to be in the actual game, but that's fine because a downgrade is only a downgrade if you deliberately make the game worse. WTF?

Also does not account for fact that engine was far better in 2014 gameplay promos.

Painted-in-corner-620x480.jpg

I think it's time they walk away from this and just don't speak anymore at all, because it's just getting sillier. Even "no comment" would have been a nicer and more honest way to deal with this from the beginning.

Yes, especially how fixated the developer is with being right..

"It will look better in the final game than in the first screens!"

"It's not downgraded!"

"You shouldn't compare the first screens with the final game!"

"Downgrade doesn't mean what you say it means, we've decided that it means that something is made worse, just to make it worse! So ha, it's not downgraded and we win!"

Fuck no one play the dam game if everyone is so disappointed in it.

I didn't play DA:I as I didn't like what they did with "Dude buys a house and does things that are copied and pasted"

It isn't like they said they had new livers and sold you cold sores.

As for the person that wants to say the sold you a Golden goose and all you got was fucked up graphics.

Then you have a few days to cancel......

He's just making a valid point, no need to be so defensive ;)

I'm still waiting to check it out myself, but all this PR nonsense doesn't bode well for the image of CDPR.

That said, I never bought into their good guy act. I just loved TW2 and will likely enjoy TW3 a lot as well.

Some of us are very interested in graphics, like some here are interested in gameplay details from 15 years old games. Also because we are enthusiasts we find downgrades very frustrating, and talk about it. People that find this boring should probably just ignore news threads named "graphics downgrade".

If I had to guess, I'd say that most people here at the watch are interested in both graphics and gameplay. I know I am.

I also know that CDP did what they had to do - which was release a game that was playable on 3 different platforms. I know the enthusiasts would love to have a game that could only run on the top 10% of high-end systems, but that's not practical or feasible from a business standpoint.

I also know that most of the early reviews are indicating a fantastic game. I guess I care more about that than a graphics downgrade.

Like i said before, it would have been perfectly fine if they just admitted that they had to downgrade. It has gotten to the point where the developer is now acting like a total douchebag and is even blaming the fans (even though it was they who started doing these comparisons and making promises about better graphics). They've really messed up.

I will probably still enjoy the game, it's not the issue. It's pretty funny how some people think it can be used as an argument to defend douche-like behavior.

I am one of those people who bought into CDPR "good guy" act. So watching this unnecessary PR disaster unfolds sort of make me sad since they could have put stop to this very easily. Oh well, I am still pumped for the game though :)

Although it annoys me, I'm still inclined to give them a break. They are probably between a rock and a hard place. Had no choice but to fit consoles, and now restricted in what they can say by deals they made with the various powers. Game still sounds great to me, I'm just going to wait before playing to see what modders and Boris can do. It was a good decision with Skyrim.

Back
Top Bottom