What games are you playing now?

I m having huge old school grid based itch while waiting for Grimoire v2, which cannot be fully satisfied by current playthroughs of The Quest, World of Xeen, Fall of the Dungeom Guardians. The awesome Gates of Skeldal was almost 100% fulifilling till I got stuck at a nasty puzzle :s. C'mon Cleve :/

Just realised that was a lot of off topic crap.

@SirJames;

If you want to demonstrate your ignorance further, then take it to the Star Citizen info thread, please.

Don't play dumb with me. You know what you did. Let's review the question and its two replies…

Question
you said:
I'm curious when star citizen goes full release will they keep or reset the mmo world players have carved out ? Again I'm thinking in terms of eve which might not be relevant to star citizen.

Answers
dart said:
Are you asking if they will wipe all progress at release?

Yes, most definitely.

Not sure what you mean by the world the players have carved out, though.

It's a very dynamic world and it wouldn't make sense to launch it without a level playing field.

But the plan is that 90% of the characters in the world will be NPCs and 10% will be players - and the NPCs will operate using a very sophisticated AI that enables them to affect the world and its economy quite significantly.
No mention that players will start with all the ships they buy. Maybe you don't think it's relavant, but that's not for you to decide for other people. Your job as an objective, unbias poster would be to provide all the information and let the reader decide.

sirjames said:
I'm not sure there's much hope for a level playing field when you can buy all the ships.(with real money, that is, as a crowdfunding backer) Worse, people who bought early have lifetime insurance on their ships which you can no longer get. :/
Pesimistic, maybe, but fills in details you choose to leave out in order to manipulate the reader toward your own opinion rather than give them the info they need to formulate one of their own.

Plus, I don't know how you think the roles argument went well for you, either? Let's go over it super quick…

Sirjames "you can buy more powerful ships"
dart "no… its just roles with the same power"
james "all roles have the same power?"
dart "does a cleric have the same power as a rogue?"
james "No."
dart "see? They're all the same power"
james "no?"
dart "you're so ignorant"

@SirJames;

As I said, there's a thread for your ignorance about this - no need to bog down this one with your misinformation and false claims. I will gladly establish more of it, if you learn to be accountable.

I m having huge old school grid based itch while waiting for Grimoire v2, which cannot be fully satisfied by current playthroughs of The Quest, World of Xeen, Fall of the Dungeom Guardians. The awesome Gates of Skeldal was almost 100% fulifilling till I got stuck at a nasty puzzle :s. C'mon Cleve :/

Yeah I'm launching straight into V2 on release, I'm really looking forward to it. Some the mechamics he's already added through patches like the Spirit Bar sound interesting, as does the completely new stuff he's adding to V2 (the tablet thieves, custom portraits etc).

There's a post somewhere on the codex where he says he's aiming for a release around the anniversary of the first release (August). Not sure he specified which year though…. ;)

Gameplay doesn't exist. I don't know what that is as I don't own Nintendo Gameboy and I know this game is different from crap on that rubbishware, so I guess it's not featured here. :D

The story feels like reliving some medieval area, but it's not just classic "drama", it has twists and it's not boring at any moment.
There are a few fetch quests (go huntin' or at butchers, bring meat/skins) but the rest of sidequests aren't meaningless and are fun. Some are disturbing, it ain't a show for kids. Every single quest, main or side, you can solve in different ways. Not just two. More.

No grind needed anywhere. This also applies to fetch quests I mentioned above. Those are moneyearners for players who won't use other means like thieving, feel free to skip them all. You don't have to pick a single flower in the whole game, you can train strength elsewhere and you can buy or loot alchemy ingredients instead of collecting them from mother nature.

In case you're wondering, I'll most probably vote for it as goty. Not 100% certain as the year will get more interesrting entries. Hint: Yakuza 0 next month.

You're making a good case for it :)

@SirJames;

As I said, there's a thread for your ignorance about this - no need to bog down this one with your misinformation and false claims. I will gladly establish more of it, if you learn to be accountable.

That's a thread for your ignorance about this.

I'm sure You has better sense than get involved at this point but only he could tell us which answer gave him more information.

You (Dart) didn't need to argue my reply to You. What I say about backers starting with any ships they want to buy and early backers not having to pay for insurance is entirely true. Why you chose to leave that information out is because you're so invested in the game you think getting more people to back will increase its chances of not being terrible, but you shouldn't sell us out like that. When the game is horrible in 2030…. well, i guess we'll have forgotten this by then. :)

Yes yes, that's a cool story Sir ;)

What games HAVE you played lately, though?

I'm curious.

What, Grimoire has a V2 coming? No joke?

Yup. He's been trailing it for a while now. V2 will include a manual and some of the content cut from the original release (like the tablet robbers). I'm sure I read somewhere that's he's planning a discount when V2 launches but I can't find the reference.

Yup. He's been trailing it for a while now. V2 will include a manual and some of the content cut from the original release (like the tablet robbers). I'm sure I read somewhere that's he's planning a discount when V2 launches but I can't find the reference.

Interesting. I was somewhat interested in Grimoire - even though it sounded like it was too troubled and unfinished.

If he manages to polish it up in a reasonable amount of time, I'll definitely check it out.

I guess he's overcome the biggest obstacle now ;)

Gameplay doesn't exist. I don't know what that is as I don't own Nintendo Gameboy and I know this game is different from crap on that rubbishware, so I guess it's not featured here. :D

The story feels like reliving some medieval area, but it's not just classic "drama", it has twists and it's not boring at any moment.
There are a few fetch quests (go huntin' or at butchers, bring meat/skins) but the rest of sidequests aren't meaningless and are fun. Some are disturbing, it ain't a show for kids. Every single quest, main or side, you can solve in different ways. Not just two. More.

No grind needed anywhere. This also applies to fetch quests I mentioned above. Those are moneyearners for players who won't use other means like thieving, feel free to skip them all. You don't have to pick a single flower in the whole game, you can train strength elsewhere and you can buy or loot alchemy ingredients instead of collecting them from mother nature.

In case you're wondering, I'll most probably vote for it as goty. Not 100% certain as the year will get more interesrting entries. Hint: Yakuza 0 next month.

I will add my stamp of approval for KCD as well. It's similar to Elder Scrolls but also quite different in a lot of ways. For instance, making a potion is a pretty involved process where you have to read a recipe and carry out a bunch of steps in the right order and length. It's a bit of fun sometimes but can also get tedious if you're not into that sort of thing.

Exploration and quests is where it shines for me. I felt very immersed in the game world and story. There are a bunch of not so interesting fetch quests which you can ignore. But a lot of the other quests are quite good.

Combat was a mixed bag for me. It feels like a mix of Mount & Blade and an Elder Scrolls game. Kind of wonky and you don't really know if your input is actually having any effect on the player character. I haven't played it with a controller, only mouse+keyboard so I don't know if that has any bearing. Did anyone else struggle with combat? I mostly try to shoot enemies with a few arrows, run away and then try to just hack them to death without much finess or skill.

About KCD.

Based on an early version - I was really worried about story/writing - but it seems that was kind of placeholder - because I understand that the released game has decent writing and story?

Also, what can I expect to find when I go exploring? :)

You can make potions in KCD? I thought it was more or less a realistic simulation of medieval times. That's why I've skipped it so far.

I was under the impression that there are no fantasy elements whatsoever.

Yeah, I skipped it for much the same reason.

Not really into the whole realistic medieval thing - but it's certainly a pretty game, and if it has great exploration and a good story, I'll be playing it soonish ;)

Yes yes, that's a cool story Sir ;)

What games HAVE you played lately, though?

I'm curious.

Well, I got Conan Exiles on Steam sale. Pretty fun, needs work, great potential.

Been playing the recent expansion for ToME. Forbidden Cults. I really like the new races/classes.

I had a look at Albion Online for the steam release and would give it a thumbs down. Very healthy economy and marketplace. Everything you put on the auction house will sell in minutes. Not enough fun gameplay to bother, though.

Played some Zero-K, an RTS like Total Annihilation, free game worth a look

Probably was playing Vermintide 2 before that.

And a bunch of other stuff. Didn't play Bless.

Probably most hyped for FO76, same as you?

Well, I got Conan Exiles on Steam sale. Pretty fun, needs work, great potential.

Been playing the recent expansion for ToME. Forbidden Cults. I really like the new races/classes.

I had a look at Albion Online for the steam release and would give it a thumbs down. Very healthy economy and marketplace. Everything you put on the auction house will sell in minutes. Not enough fun gameplay to bother, though.

Played some Zero-K, an RTS like Total Annihilation, free game worth a look

Probably was playing Vermintide 2 before that.

And a bunch of other stuff. Didn't play Bless.

Probably most hyped for FO76, same as you?

Vermintide 2 seems fun, but I haven't played it much yet. Couldn't get my coop guys to buy it. They'll come around - though I don't think it'll last long for us. Seems a little too combat oriented to me.

I bought Albion Online as well, which was a mistake :)

It's not a bad game, necessarily - but it's not for me, and I would have realised that if I was less spontaneous that particular day.

I'm definitely hyped for FO76 - I just need to persuade my brother to play it, as he hated the Fallout games. He's sensitive ;)

But I'm not over the moon for FO76 or anything, I just think it might be really cool in multiplayer.

I'm more hyped for Division 2 in March 2019 and extremely interested in the massive content drop and OCS stuff in SC Alpha 3.3 in September this year - though I won't be playing much, as I don't want to spoil it.

Beyond that, I'm getting strangely hyped for No Man's Sky Next - because of the cooperative multiplayer mode.

I dislike sandbox games, usually, but a coop space game with trading/combat and such could be really cool.

Obviously insanely interested in CP2077 and Starfield - but we don't be seeing those for at least a couple of years.

Way too many games, way too little time.

You can make potions in KCD? I thought it was more or less a realistic simulation of medieval times. That's why I've skipped it so far.

Here is how alchemy works:
https://youtu.be/gyG_fVoPke8?t=105

I don't know if you'd call it fantasy but these are the types of potions you can make:
Bard Potion
Lowers inhibitions and loosens the jaw. Increases Speech by five for ten minutes. May cause weakness afterward.

Bivoj's Rage Potion
Increases Strength and invokes blood frenzy. During combat, this increases damage by 50%.

Bowman's Brew
Improves archery by increasing the Bow skill by five for ten minutes.

and so on…

Started playing Hyper Light Drifter on my train ride to work. Seems pretty good so far. How do I save though? I assume it's some kind of checkpoint save, but how do I know if I've reached a checkpoint? Maybe I haven't played far enough yet. I wish it had save-on-quit.

Started playing Hyper Light Drifter on my train ride to work. Seems pretty good so far. How do I save though? I assume it's some kind of checkpoint save, but how do I know if I've reached a checkpoint? Maybe I haven't played far enough yet. I wish it had save-on-quit.

I just finished HLD a few hours ago. :)

There's a symbol that shows in the lower right when it's saving. It saves quite often.. pretty much every time you clear a room.

Back
Top Bottom