Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Piranha Bytes

Votes: 13 14.0%
  • Spiderweb Games

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Spiders

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
Can't think of a game thats great and innovativ...
Well, maybe Dungeon Master or Ultima IV at the time of their release ?

Can't think of a game thats great and innovativ…
Well, maybe Dungeon Master or Ultima IV at the time of their release ?

Deus Ex? ;)

Alpha Protocol was Obsidian's most innovative product based on an original IP IMO... but it lacked in execution.

1) CDP
2) Obsidian

3) Piranha Bytes
4) Larian
5) Bioware
6) bethesda

Hairbrained Schemes should be in your poll considering the excellent dragonfall.

My list
====
1) Inxile, Hairbrained Schemes, Larian are first equal for me because they all excel at different aspects of an rpg and no company is the complete package.
2) CD Projekt and Piranha Bytes are next best considering the fun Risen and Witcher 1
3) Obsidian produce the occasional good game (fallout new vegas) but more usually the game is rough in some ways (alpha protocol) or misses the mark mechanically in terms of whats expected (dungeon siege 3)

All around...CDPR and they are still rising. They are what Piranha Bytes should have been...start small, dream big, make large enough projects that you can handle and then move forward.
Close second...Obsidian...never a love at first sight with their games...but when you see past the rough spots, there is (almost) always, some measure of brilliance in their games.
Bioware...is pretty much a mediocre company, riding on previous glory...they need better writers to open new directions with their games, enough with the "Reapers, Harbinger, Collectors, Darkspawn, Arch/whatever, Old one(s)...already.
Bethesda...not a bad developer, but not a great one either. Poor writing, more and more shallow rpg mechanics with each new game, reliance of poor engine and modders to polish and improve their games, some unethical business practices.
Have nothing against them, though I did enjoy my own Skyrim mod where I had Todd Howard beaten to death with my "Radiant mace of Creativity".

Back
Top Bottom