The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I believe everyone except Corwin and JM has qualified for level 13? Once we get them up, there's no reason not to take the level. There's a metric shitload of level 11 quests for us (Kourush, Purge, Creche, Maraud the Mines, Offering of Blood, Necro3 flags, and several House quests that we don't usually run) so we'll probably end up holding 14 for quite a while. Actually, that would make it wise not to get too deep into 13 now, or people will be bumping 15 and be forced to run for 0XP while we finish the content.

If we end up running alts at some point soon due to absences, I want to run Xorian Cipher again with a more balanced party. I had a similar obsession about a year ago over some quest we tanked (anyone remember which quest that was?) and I'm in the same boat again—I don't like slinking away from a quest after getting pillaged prison-style and sent home with a tear in my eye.

edit- in other news, I TR'd Shadohe into a halfling monk. I was forced to run The Korthos Quest That Shall Not Be Named by overwhelming peer pressure from a certain jm who shall remain nameless. Yep, I still hate that quest with a passion.

Last edited:
You must be a masochist to hamstring yourself by creating a HALFLING monk!! Guess they just go in for kneecapping. :p I won't be playing this Friday and I'm not sure if Trev will be either, so might be time for some alt runs.

They are strategically placed for a headbutt to the nether regions.

Halfling Wind Monks actually used to be one of the best dps/defensive builds in the game, prior to Half-Elves and Half-Orcs. However, they walk like deranged monkeys. WindIV is still very strong, probably stronger defensively now without as much effort, though the dragonmarks aren't quite that useful compared to the costs.

I wouldn't touch the DMarks now, since there was talk of cutting them down to 1 feat and enhancements for stronger tiers later. Then again, either way would require an LR, and I know from experience that a DMarked Halfling Monk can solo-heal some of the lower-level stuff in a good group. I did it on my first Monk.

While a Halfling gets -2 STR, they get +1 to hit size bonus, so it means a whopping -1 Damage compared to 'average' STR. The bigger issue is greater susceptibility to Ray of Enfeeblement (carry Lesser Restore pots) and lower carrying capacity (you can only carry one M4 Sherman Medium Tank with a 90mm main gun in your pack). They also walk like deranged monkeys.

I'm up for another XC run. Afterwards, we can run Alts, or if Alrik and Sherwin are absent, even Epic stuff. EVoN3 is great XP, and I've soloed it in under 30 mins before, and JM and I duoed it in about the same time. I need more of those clickies in prep for my own upcoming TR. I'm entering into it prepared. For that matter, I need to check my GS inventory and do some crafting (think I can get a T2 done). I already have the needed blanks.

You must be a masochist to hamstring yourself by creating a HALFLING monk!! Guess they just go in for kneecapping. :p I won't be playing this Friday and I'm not sure if Trev will be either, so might be time for some alt runs.
Like I told jm right before I did it, I'm not quite as intent on min/max as I used to be. I'm trying something kinda for the hell of it, so I've got a little freedom to fail either in the build or the gear. Most of my toons have turned out good but not great in spite of my best efforts (Botdu was my best due to his singular focus, but the rest all had things that should have been different in retrospect), so I'm going to embrace my mediocrity. ;)

I've already got weapon finesse for a DEX build. Like Az mentioned, I've just got to be careful about getting enfeebled to death. After some discussion, I traded a point of dex for a couple points of str, which brought me up to 12 for the start (not including my +2 tome). I've got some concerns about the build, but I can always toss the plan in the garbage if it doesn't pan out.

Although her eyes are a little deep-set, she's pretty hot for a midget. ;)

They are strategically placed for a headbutt to the nether regions.

Is this move called "The Netherese Legacy" ? ;)

Besides, I did the Pre-Raid to VON today, with a not too much zerging party … Now I'm finally flagged for the final raid of it … :)

Meanwhile, in the process of it, my Cleric reached level 13 … He's levelled up much, much faster than I had expected …

And he's got now both the 3rd tier Cloak Of Night, and the 2nd tier endless wand of Light Nimbus.

I hate to tell you this, but you have to do the pre-raid every time you want to do the raid.

Most at-level groups just do the pre-raid because of the huge XP, the raid itself doesn't drop all that much xp, and it's hard to find an at-level group capable of elite. Prior to the MotU release, it wasn't always easy to find a group able to do it at all, even with level 20's!

I do recommend trying to find a group to run the full thing though. Some still-nice loot, like the Kundarak Delving Boots and Sword of Shadows. And it's interesting to see the first Dragon encounter in DDO, and compare it to the current Reds and Greens out in Eveningstar, the King's Forest, and the Underdark, as well as the ones in Tor.

*EDIT* I see we have a couple of new names in the guild list, a level 8 Barbarian and a level 10 Monk. Who are they?

Wait, we have a Barbarian?

Last edited:
The monk belongs to Reywind. I'm betting the barby does as well.

Although, there's several other toons I don't recognize which might belong to Sherwin or Hvymetal or somebody else entirely: Lorekin, Retorq. Tinwhistler, and Crittykill have all run within the last week.

And it's interesting to see the first Dragon encounter in DDO, and compare it to the current Reds and Greens out in Eveningstar, the King's Forest, and the Underdark, as well as the ones in Tor.

Yes, but I won't see them in quite a while.

I must admit that I' a bit jealous about the new content's look, judging from the screenshots. To me this is like ... "we save our best things for those who pay most" or so. And the developers seem to be determined to let the Stormreach rest as it is, never reworking it.

I assume that in order to get more customers buying MOTU, we'll see new content only there (apart from the promised "epic Gianthold"), and Stormreach will just go into a state of stasis or sleep.

At least I know now how the Spectral Dragon looks like. ;)

( And, apart from that, I think that I've seen the MOTU dragons on Lasagna through the pre-U14 testing time, in one event. They looked really good ! )

@ Dte: Lorekin, Retorq. Tinwhistler, and Crittykill do belong to to Hvymetal. Corwin and Reywind own the others I believe. And com'on.....a hot halfing in DDO? Are you sure it is not YOUR eyes that got a bit too deeply set and has now affected your vision? ;)

IF we have to run alts we could just all do that I guess and wait for everyone to get back. I will be gone on the 23rd. btw.

@Alrik...You know the game is all about getting your money....in little dibbs and drabbs. What pissed me off was them putting the new pak on sale soooo soon after it came out. The preorder items were nice but still I felt like I got screwed for buying it early. :cm:

What we could do is to run the level 12-13 alts for those of us high up with XP and let those a bit behind use their regulars to catch up.

E. g. Cm and Jm can use their regulars this weekend and Corwin his regular the weekend after that. I could use my alt (cleric). Azraelck and Dte have several toons to switch between. Reywind and Alrik can bring who they want.

This way we give the ones left a little behind a chance to get XP to catch up.

If that is not possible we always have our level 20+, but then Sherwin and Alrik might not join. It would be nice to play something all of us can do.

An option is to let those left slightly behind play with Alrik and Sherwin while the rest of us do level 20+ quests.

JM and Corwin are the only ones that are behind and Corwin's out. Don't think you'll get much catch-up done, and the rest of us really don't want to get too far into 13 until we start running all those level 11 quests.

Seems to me that we'll just have to see who shows and figure it out from there.

Yep, I can bring 4 different characters into the level 12/13 group, but three are already 13. I think it will be safe to assume we'll be hitting alts in the 12/13 range, since only Corwin, Alrik and myself have anyone in the 15/16 range, and Sherwin and Alrik have no one past that. If they don't show, then maybe we can hit 21+ stuff.

I'd have to run Klubbir unless we were very careful with quest selection. RhoGu's barely into lvl10. That's fine, tho.

I wouldn't mind running our tops since I certainly haven't gotten my money's worth out of the expansion at this point. That would probably entail a lot of repetition for a couple of you since I'm not flagged for half the stuff that's available. I'd probably bring Bot to the dance unless the group wanted/needed the arcane. Doesn't really matter to me.

Someone else gets to be the dictator this week. ;)

20's are fine by me. But as said, Alrik nor Sherwin have a 20 to bring. What level is Klubbir?

:)petting:CM takes the big:movingon: book from Dte and starts putting names in a hat to roll the d100 dice for an interium dictator.:meditate:)

Well, the only one at high level Range is still my Ranger ( nice pun ! ;) ), and he's still level 16, because I didn't play that much with him anymore. It was far more fun for me playing the other chars ! ;)

I think what my Ranger still needs, is proper gear. That's why I took the occattion and made a tier 3 Cloak Of Night for him (thanks to a very kind donation of motes by I think it was Shavolet).

I come to believe that I really need to do more quests with him again, to get him better gear.

I don't know why, but I often have the feeling as if he was too vulnerable at one point - he's getting more often toast than in previous levels. The enemies are stronger, and I can feel it.

The rest is still level 10-11, my Cleric didn't do his proper level-up to level 13 yet.

Well, you did stone him to 16. So you were basically a level, what 10? Ranger suddenly in level 16 content. This is hurt further by us tending towards Hard and Elite runs, since normal isn't usually that challenging to us.

I believe we got him a Minos, so Heavy Fort and Toughness is taken care of. That leaves CON +6 and Greater False Life items if you don't have them. This is 30hp from the GFL, plus anywhere from 16 to 48hp for the CON +6 item, depending on what you have. IIRC, he was an AA, so the best bow is BtA from Harbringer of Madness end reward, but we'd either have to power-level you, or Corwin and I shortman it with you since no one else has alts near enough. Beyond that, DEX and STR 6 items for dps reasons, and a SP item for initial buffing.

As far as Friday, if Alrik is there, then we run 12/13's no questions asked. I guess Peter on Cleric, Dte back in the saddle as a frothing at the mouth Barbarian, JM yelling at Peter, and everyone following the wake of destruction and corpses I leave behind, along with those that hid from me to pick on easier targets (I will probably pay for this is some way Friday :p)

*EDIT*

Someone said that killing quells at the altars in Soami Gardens causes the Lion rare to spawn.

Last edited:
I may get online Fri/Sat about midnight your time (3pm GMT+10) when I should be home from my annual religious marriage celebrants conference.

Alrik. You don't need to carry the ring of heavy fortification since you carry Minos helmet. You have heavy fort on the Minos. Try to get a +6 or at least a +5 constitution ring.

Back
Top Bottom