CD Projekt RED - Another Game for 2016

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
CD Projekt Red has outlined its plans for the next five years and this comes with some revelations.

CD Projekt Has Another Game in Store for 2016; One More AAA RPG by 2021 Besides Cyberpunk 2077
During CD Projekt's 2015 financial results conference, President Adam Kiciński shared the plans for the company's business strategy in the upcoming years.

As you can see in the slides below, the company plans to release "a new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio" in 2016, in addition to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt‘s expansion Blood and Wine (which will premiere in the second quarter of this year).

During the call, Kiciński mentioned that the nature of this project won't be explained today, but there will be a time in which we will understand what this bullet point means. Later he also hinted that the company is "experimenting" and doing things that "nobody has ever done before."
CDProjektRED-1.jpg

CDProjektRED-3.jpg

CDProjektRED-2.jpg
More information.

DXMD is Eidos. I don't see why they would sell the franchise to CDP because that would be just about the only way for a DRM-free GOG release.

I only hope this transition to full-AAA doesn't turn CD Projekt Red into another boring giant company. Bethesda and Bioware are two excellent examples of how a lot of money doesn't really make games better.

They're not lacking in ambition, but perhaps moving too fast. Still, if this turns out well for them, other companies could see some benefit of their business model.
New type of video game format...I hope they're not planning some type of MMO here.

I'm hoping that means VR. It's hard to tell what 'game format' is supposed to mean, though.

I only hope this transition to full-AAA doesn't turn CD Projekt Red into another boring giant company. Bethesda and Bioware are two excellent examples of how a lot of money doesn't really make games better.

If you feel that way about Bethesda that I do not agree with as I don't really seem their games changing over the years. Maybe it is you that has changed or maybe you are just bored with the fact that their haven't progressed.

As for Bioware they never changed, they soldout. It hasn't been Bioware since they were bought by EA.

As for a lot of money not making games better, that depends on who is using that money. I think with the TW3 they used their money very well and made a great game.

People that don't like The witcher games story and style of game will never agree. No matter what they did with TW3 they wouldn't have liked it.

I hope this isn't a thing to come for CDPR though. This announcement is pointless and boring at best. I find it in bad taste by this company to do this with so little information.

They could have held off until could of told us more or at least a video for cyberpunk or confirmed released date.

How about adding a GOG wallet account like steam has? They could also make it to where people could buy GOG gift cards, like every other store, restaurant, and gas station on the planet lets you do.

If you feel that way about Bethesda that I do not agree with as I don't really seem their games changing over the years. Maybe it is you that has changed or maybe you are just bored with the fact that their haven't progressed.

As for Bioware they never changed, they soldout. It hasn't been Bioware since they were bought by EA.

I guess you're right about Bioware. I disagree about Bethesda, though. Their games are always more simplified and streamlined every new generation. This is not necessarily bad, but if games like Fallout 4 show the future of the company, I guess that future won't include me.

Fun fact: Skyrim had a dev team of about 90 people at Bethesda. The Witcher 3 was made by over 200 people across two studios (CDP has ~300+ total employees). CDP is about as AAA as it gets and has far surpassed Bethesda in project size at least as far as manpower is concerned.

@Celtic: CDP is a publicly traded company at the Warsaw Stock Exchange with a market capitalization of approximately PLN2.5bn which is ~€576 million or ~$644 million.
They have to release (vague) forward looking statements like that to keep investors happy. There is no secret ploy to annoy gamers ;) .

@Celtic: CDP is a publicly traded company at the Warsaw Stock Exchange with a market capitalization of approximately PLN2.5bn which is ~€576 million or ~$644 million.
They have to release (vague) forward looking statements like that to keep investors happy. There is no secret ploy to annoy gamers ;) .

I just expect more from them I guess, they could have rushed a short video on cyber even.

I guess you're right about Bioware. I disagree about Bethesda, though. Their games are always more simplified and streamlined every new generation. This is not necessarily bad, but if games like Fallout 4 show the future of the company, I guess that future won't include me.

I disagree about Bethesda and not going to try and force my thoughts on the subject on you.

It is just lack of progression. I will use this as an example. How many bands do you know that have more that 1 or 2 great albums in them? Very few and the ones that do either release the same crap over and over again or are like pink and progress.

Edited notes, it only becomes the same crap over and over again when they follow the same blue print again and again.

A new type of video game format previously unexplored by the studio.

Don't be episodic, don't be episodic.

Don't be episodic, don't be episodic.

My guess is maybe a mobile/browser game (yeah and maybe an episodic one, too :) )? Have they done that before? It sounds a lot like it will be something small scale like that.

Yeah, my first guess was a mobile game. I have never had any interest in those. But, maybe CDP would change my mind.

My guess would be a multilayer game for which the appropriate MP support will be included into GOG Galaxy.

Back
Top Bottom