Bullied Bus Monitor Thankful

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/bullied-bus-monitor-thankful-pleas-threats-stop-130501672.html

A bus monitor gets bullied by children who then put the video on youtube. The video went viral and the kids are getting death threats now.

All bullied bus monitor Karen Klein wanted was an apology. Now she's getting that … and then some.
Police say the four boys who tormented the 68-year-old on a school bus in upstate New York earlier this week have taken responsibility for their actions. Some have also issued public apologies.

Bus monitor Karen Klein (From YouTube video)
"I feel really bad about what I did," one said in a statement to CNN. "I wish I had never done those things. If that had happened to someone in my family, like my mother or grandmother, I would be really mad at the people who did that to them."
Another said, "When I saw the video I was disgusted and could not believe I did that. I am sorry for being so mean and I will never treat anyone this way again."
The video of the seventh-graders cursing, taunting and threatening Klein has become a rallying point against bullying. It has also prompted an overwhelming outpouring of support for the veteran school bus worker.
An online campaign to fund a vacation for Klein had grown to nearly $500,000 by Friday morning, far surpassing the initial $5,000 goal. Max Sidorov, the Toronto man who started the fund two days ago, said he did so partly because he was bullied himself as a child.

Indiegogo is used for the fundraiser by the way.

What is a "bus monitor" ? Kind of an overseer ?

Extra set of eyes on the school bus essentially so the driver isn't distracted from driving by having to discipline the kids.

Ah, okay.

I'll say it again those kids are monsters but of course you can't punish them since there kids. Just ride public transportation and you see it all the time also.

Respect for other people seems to be a lost trait for most of this generation.

An online campaign to fund a vacation for Klein had grown to nearly $500,000 by Friday morning, far surpassing the initial $5,000 goal.

So wait... this broad is going to end up with half a million bucks from this?

Yeah, on another site, we decided that this has given us a great idea. We have a posted that is in his early 70s who goes by ArmyBrat. Here's the plan:

1) Get ArmyBrat a job as a Walmart Greeter
2) Round up the kids of some posters to taunt him mercilessly
3) Videotape it
4) Put it on YouTube
5) Start the donation campaign!
6) Through one hell of a tailgate!

I should post a video of the neighbor's dog crapping on my lawn and see how much I get. ;)

But seriously, bullying is bad. Some people can stand up to it, but it can be real damaging to kids.

Back
Top Bottom