AC: Odyssey is a full-fledged RPG…cool! - Page 5 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » AC: Odyssey is a full-fledged RPG…cool!

Default AC: Odyssey is a full-fledged RPG…cool!

August 1st, 2019, 01:48
Make them mine?? Is that done by following their quest? I started that back when I was level 12 or some such and got destroyed very quickly. Haven't been back yet. (Piranha Bytes has left me with a deep seated fear of video-game boars. ;)
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2019, 13:05
Yes, you need to complete the whole hunting overpowered animals side story. The one that starts with the pig from hell. A pig that's most probably the hardest boss in vanilla.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2019, 16:02
Was playing this yesterday. I tried to kill a bird for target practice, some kind of large bird that looked like a crane. It had a symbol next to it, like it was a champion or a boss bird! I hit it with an arrow, which took only a tiny fraction of its health. It flew away like any other bird. I guess it was a super-animal of some sort.

I never found a kill animals quest. I'm only level 10, and I feel like I've been playing a long time. This is an incredibly long game.

FizzyShellfish

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

August 6th, 2019, 03:51
"Is that the best you can do Mistihos??"

Screamed by a polemarch as he fell after I kicked him off a high cliff. Those Spartans are tough!
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

August 8th, 2019, 04:21
"Old Flames Burn Brighter" - the 11th "Lost Tales of Greece" mission showed up yesterday. There's one more set to come out next month involving Sokrates. That should be it for in-game content, though there will be a "tour" mode like Origins had that will let you wander around with no combat and learn the history of the various areas of the game.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

August 13th, 2019, 14:46
28 hours in and I'm level 15. A long game indeed. Met a famous historian, which is cool. I do wish there were more things to just discover versus "areas to clear" but the game is growing on me more and more as I play it. Wish I could find a good spear or staff, though. I've been using a legendary sword and I'm kind of bored of it. Some of the mini-side quests are silly-easy and give lots of XP for some reason. I delivered a family keepsake to a soldier in Delphi… I literally had to cross to the other side of town and deliver it for 2,000 XP. They definitely went for quantity here.

FizzyShellfish

Watcher

August 14th, 2019, 02:01
Yeah, as Joxer said earlier, those quests on the boards are pretty pointless. Difficulty is all over the place and none are at all interesting. The only use I know is if you see something in the oracalcum (sp?) store that you want to get. You can find o-nodes all over the map, too, but they only show up one at a time. (Hint: they like to put them on mountain tops and under bridges.)

The gold icon quests and main quests are the way to go. Lost Tales quests are pretty good, too.

Have you gotten to the point where you upgrade your spear/dagger thing yet? Upgrading the spearhead also adds to your adrenaline points, which really helps. I actually stopped doing the main quest right before that point to do a ton of exploring and side quests. Not a good plan.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

August 14th, 2019, 20:40
No, have not upgraded the dagger/spear. More adrenaline sounds good!

FizzyShellfish

Watcher

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » AC: Odyssey is a full-fledged RPG…cool!