Greedfall - Game will be 30-45 hours - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Game will be 30-45 hours

Default Greedfall - Game will be 30-45 hours

August 14th, 2019, 09:41
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I get your point of view but like Morrandir, I usually expect 1 hour for $1-$1.5 AUD. Greedfall cost $70 AUD, so 30-45 hours is tad bit short for my liking.
I do too, but I tend to replay medium sized games that have a lot of choices/customization options, which means I easily get a lot of bang for my bucks in such games.

It's much easier for me to replay PST, Mass Effect or KotOR than Skyrim or The Witcher 3. Especially the latter. I'd love to replay it, but 200 hours is just too much.
Maylander is offline

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#21

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen
Posts: 7,263
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 10:56
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
I do too, but I tend to replay medium sized games that have a lot of choices/customization options, which means I easily get a lot of bang for my bucks in such games.

It's much easier for me to replay PST, Mass Effect or KotOR than Skyrim or The Witcher 3. Especially the latter. I'd love to replay it, but 200 hours is just too much.
That's a good way to look at it although I generally don't replay shorter games as I tend to experience most of the content in a single playthrough (end up replaying longer games multiple times instead) - I guess everyone is different
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#22

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,508
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 12:36
You can always review it for us. I'm sure I can arrange a key for you
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#23

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,165
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 12:36
Oohhh…. tempting offer!! Unless there are other takers?

Edit: Unless you were talking to Maylander? Got ahead of myself
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley
purpleblob is offline

purpleblob

purpleblob's Avatar
Princess

#24

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 3,508
Mentioned: 74 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 12:42
No, I was talking to you.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde
Myrthos is offline

Myrthos

Myrthos's Avatar
Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

#25

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 9,165
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 14:39
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
You all must have much more time on your hands than me, 40 hours sounds about perfect. A 40 hour game usually takes me 60-80 hours anyway.
No, I'm just very selective and don't do replays. I finished my last game 3 months ago and haven't played anything since. I just don't have time for mediocre games, but enough time for long games that suit me.

I'll start playing again in a month with Greedfall, followed by The Outer Worlds in October and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: -
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#26

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,210
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 14:44
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
No, I'm just very selective. I finished my last game 3 months ago and haven't played anything since. I just don't have time for mediocre games.
Yeah, same here. I'm not so keen on gaming that average games have value to me - if it's not the good stuff, I'd rather just do something else.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Ripper is online now

Ripper

Ripper's Avatar
Ngikufisela iwela

#27

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 8,456
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 15:32
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
No, I'm just very selective and don't do replays. I finished my last game 3 months ago and haven't played anything since. I just don't have time for mediocre games, but enough time for long games that suit me.

I'll start playing again in a month with Greedfall, followed by The Outer Worlds in October and Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order in November.
Implying that you know for a fact that the games you mention wont be mediocre?

Was your last quest reward a magical crystal ball?
lackblogger is offline

lackblogger

lackblogger's Avatar
retired poster
Original Sin 2 Donor

#28

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,733
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 19:08
I couldn't get more than 3 hours into Mars Wars. It seemed to tired, predictable and average. Reliant from the get go on copy / paste. I hope Greedfall delivers I'll be keeping an eye on it but call me wary.
--
"For Innos!"
ToddMcF2002 is offline

ToddMcF2002

ToddMcF2002's Avatar
SasqWatch

#29

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 3,456
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
+1:

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 20:21
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I couldn't get more than 3 hours into Mars Wars. It seemed to tired, predictable and average. Reliant from the get go on copy / paste. I hope Greedfall delivers I'll be keeping an eye on it but call me wary.
It doesn't sound like you gave War Logs much of a chance. It's a good game imo, but I think how much you like the setting plays a big role in your enjoyment of the game. Personally, I thought the blend of Sci-Fi and cyberpunk was pretty fresh.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

#30

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 26,535
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)

Default 

August 14th, 2019, 20:43
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
Implying that you know for a fact that the games you mention wont be mediocre?



Was your last quest reward a magical crystal ball?
Good question.

I quite deeply research games before buying them, especially when they're from an unknown dev. Also there are some obvious no-goes like Anime, Manga, or cartoons visuals which I just can't enjoy.
This works pretty well I think.

In fact I'm tracking games in development including writing down an expected score. After playing I give it a score. I've been doing this for 7-8 years for 50 games.
Only twice my expectation way too high (Dragon's Dogma and Ember) and I actually stopped playing. Otherwise I was quite close and enjoyed the games.

I'm aware that I could miss out games if I underestimate them, but that's difficult too evaluate. I just try to stay open-minded and also try games that aren't expected to offer everything I usually need to consider it a good game. (For example despite usually playing RPGs and TBS only I tried Spellforce 3 which is a RTS/RPG hybrid and I really liked it.)
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw


Currently playing: -
Morrandir is offline

Morrandir

Morrandir's Avatar
SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

#31

Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,210
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Greedfall - Game will be 30-45 hours
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:22.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by DragonByte Security (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright by RPGWatch