Streets of Rogue - Tabletop RPG in Disguise - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Streets of Rogue - Tabletop RPG in Disguise

Default Streets of Rogue - Tabletop RPG in Disguise

August 13th, 2019, 20:58
Rock Paper Shotgun checked out Streets of Rogue:

Streets of Rogue

loading…

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

August 15th, 2019, 16:45
Have yet to see a tabletop RPG played in real time…
--
contributed to: Age of Decadence | Dead State | Dungeon Rats | Battle Brothers | Fell Seal:Arbiter's Mark
working on: Colony Ship RPG | Stygian:Reign of the Old Ones | Encased | ATOM RPG | Realms Beyond

screeg

floating head

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

August 15th, 2019, 20:50
Yeah, I expected that his comparison would give people the wrong idea. It's far-fetched. What he's getting at is the freedom to choose from a large number of different actions to resolve a situation/ play the game, and how this stimulates the players imagination. Which is somewhat similar to what you can experience tabletops.

I agree to that individual point, but the game is very different from tabeltops in many other aspects, of course.

Cacheperl

Keeper of the Watch
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

August 15th, 2019, 21:12
I was curious about this "tabletop RPG" business, so I trudged through the irritating video. Clickbait, IMO. There's several indie games like this where you can do silly things and watch the consequences. Absolutely bugger all to do with tabletop RPGs.
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Streets of Rogue - Tabletop RPG in Disguise