Personal things you don't need to know - Page 13 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Personal things you don't need to know

Default Personal things you don't need to know

August 15th, 2019, 19:14
More likely mommy; daddy was guarding them last night when i went to sleep.

Spoiler – Hum…

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
That's a pity. I wonder if Daddy ate them. Nature has a habit of giving our sentimental perspectives a slap in the face.
Last edited by you; August 16th, 2019 at 01:07.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

August 15th, 2019, 19:26
Oh dear. Must have been a tense mood in the fish tank this morning.

Will you try transferring the frys to a safe area next time? Presumably they're not really dependent on their parents, as such?

EDIT: Also, I know next to nothing about fish - does the male inseminate the female, or the eggs themselves after she has released them?
--
"Where can the horizon lie, when a nation hides its organic minds in a cellar, dark and grim? They must be very dim." David Bowie, All the Madmen (1970)
Last edited by Ripper; August 15th, 2019 at 19:40.

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)

August 15th, 2019, 20:32
Water amber alert! Seriously though, that's sad news, I hope the next batch does better.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)

August 16th, 2019, 01:11
I'll give them one more go; and after that I'll steal the eggs. I've been told it is a *lot* easier if the parents raise them; but also it takes a few tries for them to learn the ropes. I believe the female lays the egg and the male swim over them ….
-
The parents does handy things like keep the eggs free of fungus and remove the bad eggs so it doesn't spread to the good ones. Depending on the breed they will also protect the frys and help them find food (some fishes will eat the their frys as fast as they hatch; others will keep them safe in their mouth until they are large enough to swim freely). One of the reason I want the golds to breed is because they are short lived (I think i said that earlier) and they are also much more fragile than a lot of other fishes (its pretty hard to kill an angel or swordtail for example).

Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Oh dear. Must have been a tense mood in the fish tank this morning.

Will you try transferring the frys to a safe area next time? Presumably they're not really dependent on their parents, as such?

EDIT: Also, I know next to nothing about fish - does the male inseminate the female, or the eggs themselves after she has released them?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
+1:
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Personal things you don't need to know