RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2010 Voting

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
It's time to vote in our Game of the Year Award for 2010. You have the opportunity to vote for the first, second and third best RPG in three successive questions. In addition you can also vote for the worst RPG of 2010 and the game to be released in 2011 you anticipate most.
Our definition of a game that was released in 2010 is that it had to be released in either or both the US and UK.
Cast your vote on this page, which will be available until Sunday the 16th of January.

More information.

I'm sure that there's always games that some feel have been "left out" so it's not a big deal at all, but I think that - even though it probably wouldn't be a strong contender among RPGWatchers - Mount & Blade: Warband deserved at least a spot on this list.

Impressive I have played only one plus another which is just an expansion. Ok I tried few other a little and stopped because of various reason, but that's an impressive score! But I have 10 of them! LOL

New Vegas first by a mile, second Alpha Protocol, and ME2 third. It wasn't exactly a tough choice to vote for Arcania as the worst one :) Definately looking most forward to TW2.

WTF?!??

Where is Drakensang: The River of Time from upcoming games of 2011?

It should be in there.

For the first time I actually played at least half of these games in one of these polls (possibly because I was so bored with every MMO on the market I purchased a lot of SRPG this year).

Still my choices were easy except the first, as I am a huge fan of DAO and FNV. While I replayed DAO 4 times and FNV only once I went with FNV as I felt it was the better of the two for RPG. Still it was very close. So FNV -> DAO -> Divinity II.

Upcoming I again was torn but wen with Skyrim as I am not sure where Bioware is going with DA2.

Damn. DraSa: TRoT is really not on the list.

Definitely Star Wars: The Old Republic for most anticipated. Sure it's an MMO, but I'll play it as a single player RPG with like 10 different storylines to play with companions, crafting, etc. Can't WAIT!

Surprised DraSa: TRoT was not at least an entry for 2011 but there was a write-in option. The original post says that it is limited to US and UK releases which is why its probably not on 2010 list. Wouldn't have mattered to me since Witcher2 wins that battle anyway?

Well, since I'm a Bethesda fanboi, I went with FNV for favorite and Skyrim for most anticipated. My toughest decision was between 2nd and 3rd faves. I decided to take Nehrim over Div2, because I really didn't care for playing as the Dragon in D2 and Nehrim deserves extra credit for being totally free. Any of these games would be game of the year for most years. 2010 had some really great games.

Fallout: New Vegas for the win. Frayed Knights for most anticipated.

2nd was Ultima 6. That really was a fun game and free. Tons better than Nehrim. Nehrim was fun for awhile, but the idiotic combat system gets annoying. Nothing they can do about that since they modded Oblivion.

3rd was Divinity 2. They improved the game a lot for Dragon Knight. So much so I didn't mind the stupid arcade scenes as a dragon. If they had made that part a little more fun then I wouldn't have minded it too much, but even as an arcade game that part sucked.

Worst, of course, is Arcania.

Divinity 2 first for being a proper and optimized PC game unlike New Vegas (second). Mass Effect 2 was amazing but didn't feel like much of an RPG to me, so I didn't count it. Deus Ex for most anticipated, cause I'm a sucker for stealth..followed very closely by The Witcher 2. Arcania was worst, of course.

Last edited:
New Vegas first by a mile, second Alpha Protocol, and ME2 third. It wasn't exactly a tough choice to vote for Arcania as the worst one :) Definately looking most forward to TW2.

We must like the same games - I voted exactly the same! :)

To be fair I haven't played all the games on this list but I still feel pretty safe in saying that Arcania was the worst

Wow, I didn't play any of these games! Too bad I now had to give some false votes.

[edit]Oh, and really great that the system saves the votes per IP - now my girlfriend changed my votes ... :|[/edit]

1. Fallout: New Vegas
2. Divinity 2: DKS
3. Nehrim

Worst: Arcania.

Looking forward to: DE:HR.

Back
Top Bottom