Dragon Age 2 - 103m of Cut Scenes

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Eurogamer has noticed the British ratings board - the BBFC - included the total length of cut scenes when they classified Dragon Age 2 the other day. Hopefully, not all 103 minutes are included in a single play through:
BioWare fantasy role-playing game Dragon Age 2 has a whopping 103 minutes of cutscenes.
The impressive figure was revealed by the BBFC, which has given the game its expected 18-rating certificate for "strong bloody violence".
Dragon Age 2's 103 minutes of cutscenes eclipses Killzone 3's 70 minutes worth, revealed by the BBFC earlier this month.
Dragon Age 2 was cleared for release with no cuts made.
More information.

*yawn*

Yep, still not going to bother getting this one.

I wonder how much of that you will see in a single play through.

Push the spacebar and just sit back and watch the show. The future of RPGs looks a lot like a movie. ;)

Hopefully, not all 103 minutes are included in a single play through
!? Hopefully!? {grabs a copy of Xenosaga} C'mere Dhurin, I got sum'thin for ya... {readies the Clockwork Orange chair}

100 minutes is fine by me.

Wow. Where are my Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom disks? I'm suddenly feeling nostalgic...

Heh, I thought this was about 103 meters of scenes being cut from the game... :p

I sincerely hope it isn't 103 minutes in a single playthrough. I'd rather play a game than watch a movie -- unless I want to watch a movie of course. :)

103 minutes isn't really all that much when you think about the total length of the game. For most people that will probably be around 2 minutes of cutscenes per hour of gameplay.

People are buying a badly animated b-movie with b-actors, more or less ;)

!? Hopefully!? {grabs a copy of Xenosaga} C'mere Dhurin, I got sum'thin for ya… {readies the Clockwork Orange chair}

100 minutes is fine by me.

I almost forgot about Xenosaga 1-3. Add all three games together and you have around 8 hours of cutscenes. 103 minutes is nothing compared to those games.

Well, what exactly do they mean with cutscenes here? Is it a movie? or 103 minutes of in game cutscene.... theoretically if it is in game cutscene... it would play each time you innitiate a conversation and the game zooms in on the face of the person you are talking to before the conversation begins and so on.....

Well, what exactly do they mean with cutscenes here? Is it a movie? or 103 minutes of in game cutscene…. theoretically if it is in game cutscene… it would play each time you innitiate a conversation and the game zooms in on the face of the person you are talking to before the conversation begins and so on…..

Yeah, if it includes everything, 103 minutes is absurdly short. I think I could spend an hour just in conversations in some parts. Or was that Mass Effect. And I like it that way!

I don't see how 103 minutes is a long time. Spread out over 30-70 hours, that's not a big deal.

I swear I think this forum is more for people bitching about games than for people who like them. And this particular game isn't even out yet!

Bitching about the bitching :D

Funny, thanks.

One of the Bioware devs. (I think it was Luke Kristjanson?) commented on this on the Bioware Social Network. He said something like that a is something that is both línear and cinematic. So all the cinematic conversation in Dragon Age: Origins also count as cutscenes. And this includes everything meaning that say Hawke's conversation as a mage, as a rogue or as figther, will be counted as three cutscenes...

Back
Top Bottom