RPGWatch Feature: Inside The Witcher, Part 2

One of special abilities of witchers is to see in the dark. In the game you can drink a potion that allows you to see better in the night (you enivronment will be in greys and live creatures in red and blue). You can see this in the end of video from E3'06
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ls40e-rG0
But I don't if they stayed or resigned from this idea.

That's the Cat potion - essential for going into crypts.

Can you tell more about potions? How essential they are?

There is a new gameplay from The Witcher - Tour of Vizima. You can see city through Geralt's eyes.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/682/682220/vids_1.html

Let's someone make from this new thread. I don't why I don't have permission to that, probably there is sth in forum rules but I never read them:S

Last edited:
Can you tell more about potions? How essential they are?

I'm not sure I can really tell you how essential they are. So far, I've needed potions (particularly Blizzard, which slows everything down) for four or so fights - there are probably some others where they could have been handy. I found the swamp pretty hard, so I should probably have used some potions there.

Cat is essential for seeing in caves and crypts. Swallow is handy for regenerating vitality.

In general, you need to have the recipe (from a book or NPC), the basic skill, around 3-6 ingredients and a strong alcohol base. I usually need to buy the alcohol, because I find plenty of weak or medium alcohol but not much strong, which you require. I've found maybe 6-10 or so potions as loot, and a couple of those remain unidentified - you definitely make them yourself rather than just find them.

Potions build up "poison" and you need to meditate but I really haven't had any problem with this - I mostly only take one potion before meditating so far.

At the very beginning when you choose the difficulty, it says higher difficulty will require more reliance on alchemy.

There is a new gameplay from The Witcher - Tour of Vizima. You can see city through Geralt's eyes.
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/682/682220/vids_1.html

Ok, maybe I'm overreacting, but this movie just rocks as hell! And that kid with a sling at the end :D Gorgeous!

On a side note - you could see in this movie that, for some sadly, generic NPCs look practically the same (shoeshine from previous movie and beggar and gravedigger in this one, for example, same goes with the innkeepers, whores, priests, etc.). I noticed it in Leipzig. I just hope that the feel and story of the game will make those small issues unnoticeable :)

Yes, you're right, but how many games offer noticably different NPC's anyway? I think the level of detail in faces and costumes will make up for this. Or maybe the fact that they are SO detailed is why it's so noticable when they reappear.

And my sentiments exactly concerning the video!! :w00t:

This NPC clones can be one of most criticize aspects of the game. Producers say that were made about 150 models of characters and 50 models of beasts. But in the gameplays the repetition is easly seen. It doesn't bother me much but it's a pity that game can loose points because of such details.

Last edited:
That definitely bothered me for bit - especially since some of the important characters are not unique - but it didn't bother me for long.

Ouch... That bothers me even more than important NPCs sharing the same voice
actor (which is worst when there is not even a marginal attempt to change his
delivery per character a bit, i.e almost all magetypes in G3)...

Lets hope it is indeed not as annoying as it sounds...

Ouch... That bothers me even more than important NPCs sharing the same voice
actor (which is worst when there is not even a marginal attempt to change his
delivery per character a bit, i.e almost all magetypes in G3)...

Lets hope it is indeed not as annoying as it sounds...

Well, in any preview I have read (including Dhruin :)) this problem with clones wasn't mentioned, so maybe during game is no so vivid as in the gameplays or maybe the game is so invlolving that after some time you stop to notice that ;) :D.

Mhm..it could be a problem but if it be the only major problem, I'll easily survive that .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom