Which CRPG have you replayed (from start to finish) the most?

D

Darth Tagnan

Personally, I think it must be System Shock 2. I think I've played that from start to finish at least 4 times.

I'm NOT talking about games like Diablo - as those are designed to be repeated and you tend to lose count.

I've started something like Baldur's Gate at least 20 times - but I don't think I've ever completed it more than once.

Anyway, what about you?

Recently it would have to be Witcher III, Mass Effect 3, and Alpha Protocol.

Can't think of any, TBH. Quite often I make a few false starts in an RPG, and then start afresh with new builds, but once I've hacked through to the end, I've usually had my fill. It's why I like the idea of modules for RPG games, where you get some fresh content in which to try out new builds and tactics.

Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines for me. Beat it once as a Tremere, once as a Nosferatu and once as a Malkavian. Baldur's Gate 1 I played through a few times, but had a few false starts in BG2 as I just don't care for that game much. As a kid I completed Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 7 quite a few times. Played through FF6 a few times. Can't think of any others at the moment. Oh, Brigandine I played through a few times, too. PS1 RPG.

KOTOR (1).

Which is a bit surprising even to me, who rarely finish any games. It's not even my favorite genre of RPG, but i am a big fan of SW (or was, i should say). I find it a lot better than KOTOR2 which i have never finished, i always get bored, which is often the case for me with Obsidian (loved FO3, FO:NV dragged on and on.. bored me to death eventually)

BG2 is probably the game i have restarted most times together with Bloodlines (which i still think is a so-so game, i've been doing my best to "get" the hype though…)

ME2, I replayed that game from start to finish a good 8-10 times over 3-4 months when I got it (wasn't at release). I tried all sort of combinations (only class I never finished the game was engineer, but I did multiple Vanguard playthrough) and it was pretty fast to go through it (even amused myself with fastest playthrough with just main quests and completionist…for personal research). I haven't finished that game since though and all my replay abort these days.

Most restarted would be any RPGs with a lots of character build choices.

I played through all the BioWare and Bethesda games I own a minimum of 2 times (minus Skyrim never finished the story despite my hundred of hours in it and the game still being installed on my computer since 11.11.11). The Deux Ex series as well, at least twice each games (the first one like 6+ times though).

Jagged Alliance 2
Fallout 1&2
Gothic 1&2
Might & Magic 4-7
Wizardry 7 & 8

Actually, I think I might have played through Jagged Alliance 2 more than once. I certainly played it a lot. Just loved that gameplay.

A lot of good choices here.

I'm still a little shocked that purple played BG2 50+ times, though.. That is one LONG game!

I'm kinda hoping Maylander pops into this thread. He's certain to hold some kind of record. He's like a robot in this way.

Bard's Tale games one through three, the first eight Wizardry games, Fallouts one and two, Might and Magic one through seven, and the gold box series. I've played all of those from start to finish a minimum of five times, and a few in excess of ten times. Krondor would be in there at well, even though I've only played that one through four times, it's a huge game and each visit is a prolonged commitment.

Hard to say. I played several CRPGS two or three times. None really stood out in terms of replays, I think.

Hm, maybe Baldurs Gate 1 four times? I remember four characters, but no clue whether I really finished it with all of them.

(There are some shorter, hybrid games I probably finished more often. Like Rogue Legacy, stuff like that. Does not really count I guess.)

DAO twice. That's the only time I've ever gone through an entire RPG more than once!

Baldurs Gate II for me as well. I can't match @purpleblob; but I must have beaten it over ten times over the years. I played it on a loop for a few years in the early 2000s and I still go back to it every couple of years. I have a fair few playthroughs of all the other infinity games as well. Aside from that, the first Fallout.

Of the newer games, I've played through Age of Decadence and Tyranny twice each and plan to go back to them at some point to see how different choices work out.

Yep. For a few years I played nothing but BG2. Was totally addicted. I finished vanilla about 15 times and the rest with various of mods over the years. I know, crazy ;)

Oof, that is quite something.

I mean, the game is pretty good and has alot of replay value. But even 15 times vanilla... I could not have done that. How long do you think did your shortest playthrough take?

Back
Top Bottom