Fallout 4 Mods

T

Toff

We need a thread on interesting mods as they come out.

I haven't got any yet myself but I'm sure others have.

List any mods that you like or don't like and the reasons why. A link to it would be useful as well.

For me I wait eagerly for some useful UI mods and will be trying out some alternate Dogmeat mods tonight perhaps.

I know that two nudity mods exist and I like the fact those do.
Seen some baseball mod… IMO worthless thing, not saying it doesn't deserve respect.

Dogmeat can't come even close to the dog in MGS5 so any mod that won't give the dog some crazy special ability your hero or other NPCs don't have, is IMO rubbish.

Just like Toff, I need some UI mod, desperately. Doesn't have to address all crap design choices, anything would do.

I try to avoid mods for my first playthrough. I don't trust mods that are THAT new - unless we're talking some very basic stuff.

So, my advice is to wait a few months before diving in - if you must have mods.

I'm running a mod that cuts quest experience in half. I'm probably going to add an optional plugin to that mod that removes all crafting experience. I can't keep getting 6 XP every time I put up a wall. I'm building whole settlements and that will level me like crazy. I'm at work, so I don't have the mod name or link handy. I think it is called more or less xp or something like that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/85/?

Last edited:
Actually how about cutting XP from trashmob respawns that's usually 100+ on a deathclaw to 0 and keep crafting which is symbolic 6-7 and as such completely ignorable?

Link please!
Or upload it here, I'm applying it instantly!

And I never leveled up on a settlement. Although... I remember you saying you build fences all over places and stuff... I didn't want to do that. All I do is water/food/turrets and 21 beds (was 20, but read somewhere about bobblehead boost to 11).

The link is in the post....

Yeah, I built a settlement in a place that had a ton of cars surrounding a small pond and some other stuff. I enclosed the whole area with a large metal building and placed turrets on the corners. I haven't recruited for it, but it took me from level 6 to level 10 and I'm not done. That's why I am thinking about killing all craft xp.

In previous games, I would miss whole sets of monsters because I had gathered too much xp doing non-combat stuff. I don't want that to happen here, if I can help it.

What I'd like to see is a mod that removes Codsworth as a companion but makes him into a portable transport/workstation. Let him carry 500 pounds of gear and provide you the basic tools to make weapon and armor mods on the fly. He doesn't fight at all, he just floats along within calling distance. You should be able to summon him with your pip-boy. The same thing with other possible robot companions that you may or may not meet later :)

I leveled up 4 times building a settlement last night. That's why I'm turning it off. There is a no respawn mod out too, btw.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/704/?

Interesting, as I never bothered to build anything for my settlement beyond the first quest :)

That's the best argument for an XP adjustment mod yet.

Pretty stupid that you level up by building - but then again, it was the same stupid crap in Skyrim when crafting.

Added the mod! Thanks!
Finally!
What I'd like to see is a mod that removes Codsworth as a companion
His point is to provide you a bonus perk when satisfied with your actions so you ditch him.

BTW, it turns out that fencing is a waste of time. Enemies can spawn in the middle of your camp. :? Just keep your defense higher than food+water and you're safe, apparently?

I wasted a good few hours dealing with irritating fencing layout on uneven ground… Rather miffed. I want those hours back in my life. ;)

Last edited:
I'm only using two mods so far. The one that reduces XP from quests and another that removed the stealth and hit indicators from the HUD.

I also tweaked the ini file to remove the compass, and I used a console command to double the length of the day/night cycle.

And you'll still outlevel me superfast now after I've apllied nut's mod.
I'm 78 hours in the game and level 35. Prior to the mod. Hopefully, now I won't be seeing much already killed mobs.
You?

One more thing remember to avoid:
“Quiet reflection” - gain 5% extra XP for a limited amount of time after sitting in a pew in the Diamond City chapel.

I would be cautious about using XP mods - because it seems to me they've made a few significant changes to their formula this time around.

It seems they've finally managed to place truly hard encounters in a variety of places - much like Gothic. So, if you gimp yourself too hard, it could potentially be a major pain to explore - for a long time.

Obviously, that would depend on your tolerance for dying :)

That said, I still think it's silly that you gain XP for building settlement parts. I mean, I guess it's not bad after a while when XP requirements for leveling has increased a lot - but you could potentially gain quite a few levels at first by doing nothing but building settlements.

As much as I appreciate the elaborate nature of having Minecraft in my Fallout - it seems a bit tacked on and not particularly well thought out.

I'm thinking about using the "Immersive Hud" mod - but I'm worried how it will affect my stealth gameplay.

I don't actually like the messages - but my problem is that I often "forget" if I'm in stealth or not - especially when reloading a save. I'd hate standing up whilst trying to be stealthy to make sure ;)

Any experiences with it?

Yeah, I'm using the version that only removes the stealth and hit indicators.

I like it. It forces you to really pay attention to enemies when you're in stealth mode, as their reaction is the only indication as to whether or not you've been detected.

Yeah, I'm using the version that only removes the stealth and hit indicators.

I like it. It forces you to really pay attention to enemies when you're in stealth mode, as their reaction is the only indication as to whether or not you've been detected.

You don't have a problem forgetting whether you've crouched or not? If only there'd be a small icon or something for that - as there is in Dishonored and other games.

You don't have a problem forgetting whether you've crouched or not? If only there'd be a small icon or something for that - as there is in Dishonored and other games.

No, the difference in movement speed should make it obvious. There has been a few times when I forget I was crouching, but I realized it as soon as I started moving.

No, the difference in movement speed should make it obvious. There has been a few times when I forget I was crouching, but I realized it as soon as I started moving.

Hmm, to me the stealth movement speed seems very fast - so I'll probably have some issues with it.

But I'll try it out. I really don't like the messages - as it makes things too easy in many situations.

Back
Top Bottom