Raven's Cry - Gameplay @ tr1ppa

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry has been re-released on November 20. The Steam user reviews are much better now. Here's some gameplay:

Let's Play Vendetta - Curse of Raven's Cry

Vendetta: Curse of Raven’s Cry is a third person, open world action-RPG that combines fast-paced swordplay with thrilling naval battles and exploration. Assume the role of dread pirate Christopher Raven and take your revenge on Captain Neville Scranton and the men who killed your family. Loot, sail, shoot and stab your way through myriad missions and side-quests, and explore the sprawling West Antilles by land or by sea. Hand pick your crew, upgrade your skills and your ship, and gain a reputation for either savagery or mercy, influencing how your friends and foes interact with you. Every choice has a price, and your decisions will bring you closer to your ultimate revenge. Getting there with your soul intact is up to you.

Features

• A Brutal World: Dozens of missions and side-quests are spread across the 18th century Caribbean. From white, sandy beaches crawling with deadly wildlife to dark and stormy seas infested with pirates, the world is your battleground.
  • Know Your Enemy: Hundreds of colorful characters await you; pirate gangs, cannibals, government factions and even ferocious wildlife all stand in your way as you loot, kill and pillage your way across the stunning archipelago.
  • Fill Your Coffers: An extensive economic system allows you to make your fortune in a variety of ways; search for lost treasure, trade goods in local ports, gamble in taverns or head into the jungles for a hunting expedition.
  • Only the Strong Survive: Upgrade your skill tree to learn new attacks and combos and use dozens of historically accurate firearms and blades in tandem with your fearsome hook.
  • Scourge of the Sea: Handpick your crew and set sail. A wide variety of ships can be purchased and upgraded, and different ammunition types allow you to strategically cripple enemy ships for looting, or blast them to the bottom of the ocean.
  • Every Choice Has a Price: The notoriety system allows you to influence the world around you; earn a reputation for pure brutality as you laugh in the faces of those that come after you, or show mercy while manipulating your enemies and turning them against each other.
Story

It's been years since Christopher Raven's family was brutally murdered by Neville “the Devil” Scranton and his bloodthirsty gang, the Devil's Tines. Orphaned and missing a hand, Christopher is rescued by Marcus, an ex-slave and rum-maker who nurses Christopher back to health and takes him under his wing.

Growing up with a black bitterness in his heart, Christopher drowns his demons in rum and violence, brooding endlessly on the revenge that was stolen from him when the Devil’s Tines disappeared in the monstrous quake that sunk half of Port Royal. When a string of brutal and all too familiar murders occur, Christopher’s chance for revenge is suddenly within his grasp. Neville and the Tines are back, and nothing on earth will stop Christopher from claiming their heads.
More information.

This looked like great fun for me until I watched the video and read some recent reviews. Seems like it is still a buggy game where the main character is very cheesy and thus you are not able to create your own character. A shame really.

Might give it a try when it is on sale, IF they really worked out the worst kinks. It always pays to ship a bug-free game in the first place. Now I'm wary to pay full price...

Hmm… An exercise in indie turd-polishing, rebadged and rereleased at full price? Is there a collector's edition, so I can pay extra? :p

Man…
Such negativity without even trying the game would be expected from me.
top 5 shit belongs to consolegames, phonegames and MMOs.

Thanks to FO4 being huge and impossible to predict when I'll finish it, I refuse to even start RC:EE.
Impressions, sure, when, not sure.

I've finished the original game twice and said already back then it was a slightly above average game that got showered from critics with 0/10 and 1/10 for no fair reason. This improved version should be only better. Or - at least the same, didn't see gamespot's review on this one (they started the trend with 1/10 on original raven's cry). Dunno and currently, don't care much.

My negativity is only informed by the previous version of this game, and as usual, is a bit tongue-in-cheek. That said...Two Worlds 2 and it's expansion were mediocre games in a time when there were not many good RPG releases, and this current game seems to follow that mediocrity, but now there is The Witcher 3 in existence. Steam Sale will get my cash if it's around $10

Vendetta: Curse of Raven's Cry has been re-released on November 20. The Steam user reviews are much better now.

Was browsing those "positive" reviews now and more than half are from private accounts with few games, looking suspicious to me; some dev from there already closed some threads about this issue made by others, anyway reported it to steam.

My negativity is only informed by the previous version of this game, and as usual, is a bit tongue-in-cheek. That said…Two Worlds 2 and it's expansion were mediocre games in a time when there were not many good RPG releases, and this current game seems to follow that mediocrity, but now there is The Witcher 3 in existence. Steam Sale will get my cash if it's around $10

These are the games I bought at the time 2W2 and its Addon were released:

Alpha Protocol
Arcania: Gothic 4
Divinity II - Flames of Vengeance
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Drakensang - Am Fluss der Zeit
Drakensang - Am Fluss der Zeit: Phileassons Geheimnis
Fallout - New Vegas
Grotesque Tactics
Konung III - Ties of the Dynasty
Mass Effect 2
Partisan (Partisan HQ)
Star Wolves 3 - Civil War
Two Worlds II
Arcania - Fall of Searrif
Darkspore
Dead Island
Deus Ex - Human Revolution
Dragon Age II
Dungeon Siege III
Dungeons & Dragons - Daggerdale
Fable III
Faery - Legends of Avalon
Grotesque Tactics II - Dungeons & Donuts
Herr der Ringe - der Krieg im Norden (LotR - War in the North)
Skyrim (Elder Scrolls V)
Starpoint Gemini
Two Worlds II - Pirates of the Flying Fortress
Witcher, The 2

Not many good RPGs you see, but wait.....

Daggerdale, Konung, Phileassons Geheimnis and Arcania are right in Raven's Cry's league, I'd say :D

Back
Top Bottom