Baldur's Gate: The Beginning

Have almost gone through bg1 for the second time since it´s release and was planning on continuing through bg2

Do you fine experts have any recommendations for mods to use with bg2/bhaal

The only mod I ever used for BG2 was the "BG2 Fixpack" that corrects some bugs that are left after the official patch.

I'm of the opinion that BG2 doesn't really need any mods.

Ah sorry

It is my second playthrough of bg1 but this will be my third and or fourth or something of bg2 although I haven´t played it since it was new

There's a mod that restores some of the content that was cut before release and ties up some quests that don't complete, Unfinished Business IIRC. I liked that one.

Additionally, and it might be in the FixPack, but there were some items and merchants only available to people that bought the collector's edition, and there is a mod that makes them available to everyone.

Outside of that, I agree, not worth adding too many of the others in.

Anyone try out the Banter Pack? I'm thinking of adding it before I finally get around to BG2 again. It sounds like it could be really great or completely suck, depending entirely on the quality of the writing.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

Banter Pack is ok - nothing great. It does have some amusing Minsc/Lic banters if I remember. Make sure you install the banter speed up option.

SCS2 is the was to go for a second play through. Without it it is way too easy. Just don't go too overboard with the difficulty options.

Unfinished Business is ok – nothing great.
Revised Battles can be amusing.

Nothing really stands out besides the g3fix/tweak packs.

Anyone try out the Banter Pack? I'm thinking of adding it before I finally get around to BG2 again. It sounds like it could be really great or completely suck, depending entirely on the quality of the writing.

Anyone have any thoughts on it?

The banter pack for BG1 was very well done. I didn't like everything in it, but it made the game much more like BG2 in terms of interaction.

There are various banter packs for BG2, IIRC. They may have been combined though. I remember one for Vicirona for ToB because for whatever reason, she has virtually zero banter in ToB.

You guys have done it. I'm back to BG2!!!

Wow turns out to be extremely disappointing (cata didn't grab my interest at all).

As for the mod, I recommend:

Unfinished Business
Banter Pack
Cross mod banter (if you plan to install more than 1 mod NPCs)
Kelsey (sorcerer NPC with good humor)

I finally met this "Director"… let me just say that I was a little surprised. I definitely had to rest after that little encounter, that entire place is crawling with some large groups of strong stuff. The Director certainly didnt make things easier!

It's places like that where a Paladin's "detect evil" really shines

Back
Top Bottom