Risen The mess that is Brogar (spoilers)

Blame the game for user incompetence. I at first thought to that there was an issue, until I played it through, if you do everything you are supposed to these quests will flow properly, Chances are you did something so these quests could not be completed. It is called consequences.

Um....no. If they can't be completed because of "consequences", then you should receive some kind of "quest failed" message, rather than the quest just being stuck there. There's also a ton of people over at the official forums complaining about the same quests. That area is obviously a little buggy.

Blame the game for user incompetence. I at first thought to that there was an issue, until I played it through, if you do everything you are supposed to these quests will flow properly, Chances are you did something so these quests could not be completed. It is called consequences.

We've received complaints about your posting behaviour. Such a thing hasn't happened in the last couple of months. Maybe you should calm down and see things less emotional.

So youve literally went around and talked to everyone again, JD?

The Brogar list quest comes to mind, had to go give him the list to finally end what had been ended hours ago by other situations in the game.

Also have a problem with this guy.

Completed the protection money part, gave it all to Brogar, then talked to Rachel about it.
She sent me back to Brogar, to face him with the situation, or something like this.
I talked to Brogar, and he just sent me away, and now I am stuck with the quest.

I never did a single fight in the arena, maybe that is the problem?

Well I figured out what my problem was, a poster at the official forum made me aware of something.

After you collect the all the protection money, and bring it back to Brogar, you are presented with a few different dialogue options. One is to give him the 200 gold, and another is to tell him that you are keeping the gold because you did all the work.

Well I figured if I didn't pay up he would simply kick my ass. I was pretty weak at the time, so I chose to give him the gold. Well apparently that decision ended up screwing 3 different quests for me.

- Now go and tell Brogar you've collected the money. And that you'll keep the 200 gold for yourself.

- Tell him that you could tell the Don about him. (Power Struggle quest complete) Then, speak to him again and ask him to send Sam back to hunting. He'll agreed.

- Tell Sam he's free to go back hunting.

- Go to Rachel, and tell her that Brogar has folded. Tell her about Sam back to hunting, and then that you have put everyone in the camp back to work. (Gold Fever quest complete).

http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44683

Something is still wrong.
- Collected the money, but there is no new conversation option with Rachel.
- Talked to Brogar, didn't gave him the money. No other conv. options
- Talked to Rachel, she said I should tell Brogar about the Don.
- Talked to Brogar, he said noone will believe me, I haven't proved myself.
The End.
No conversation options about sam, or anything.

Yep JDR13, thats how it worked for me at first run through, all quests completed, got Brogars hut then moved on. The dialogue choices can be sensed by gut feeling without the need for any serious thought. So on reflection, could'nt see what the big "bug" fuss was about because it never happened in the first place :D

Not a bug, but definitely some poor game design imo. One wrong answer shouldn't cause you to be screwed on 3 different quests.

I think if you deny him payment, he may refuse to fight you (regardless of whether or not you defeated all the camp fighters first). I didn't try however - I challenged him and beat him, and then told him I was keeping his coin. Bit like rubbing salt into the wound, but he deserved it. :D

Back
Top Bottom