Greedfall - First Reviews and Impressions

It's growing on me a bit too. I think I needed the outdoor stuff to break up the constant running around in the towns. I started over a couple times too, so I'll have more hours than most. Is 37 a level cap? I keep reading that level on finishers…

NVM, I saw some 46 and a 50 and supposedly the level cap is 99 but that you can't raise any skills, talents or attributes past level 45. That's retarded. Make the cap 45 then....

Last edited:
I've got a timed quest back in New Town though, so can't wander too far.
IIRC there are no timed quests in towns. In fact IIRC there is only one timed quest in the whole game (heal 5 survivors within 4 hours interval, means just walk around the battlefield and because you're specced into a healer you have tons of unused health pots, easy peasy).
Anyone found the treasure mentioned in the abandoned letter? My guess is that this is the bag of 100 gp found very early in the game, but not sure.
Depends on a note and how did you get it. For example a note that points you to a treasure near waterfall gives you two unique (gold) items if you find it. This one is nearly impossible to get to per just exploration (vigor 3 needed), but is easily found during a sidequest where the area gets accessible by a ladder.

IIRC there are no timed quests in towns. In fact IIRC there is only one timed quest in the whole game (heal 5 survivors within 4 hours interval, means just walk around the battlefield and because you're specced into a healer you have tons of unused health pots, easy peasy).

I had two side quests on top of the survivor one where I had a timer to save someone life (from an ambush and the other from poison) and I expect the first one to have repercussion later in the main quest.

There are also quests that ask you to wait a certain amount of time before you can advance them. Probably what crpgnut had in "new town".

It's possible that's why I wrote IIRC, but I forgot all about it as I really had tons of pots (except mana ones) so I've pretty much insteacompleted them all.

As for pass time quests, yes, there are quite a few of those. Too many if you ask me.

It's possible that's why I wrote IIRC, but I forgot all about it as I really had tons of pots (except mana ones) so I've pretty much insteacompleted them all.

Neither of the quests I mention requires healing potions. One has you fight the ambush and the other one has you searching around for a special remedy (not the antidote you can craft) and how you get that special remedy is based on how you resolved another quest* too.

Well I don't remember any ambush and certainly not any remedy I didn't have already in my inventory (wgd already wrote a hint on it in the hints thread so I didn't had to - every time you find another trader, buy all quest items they sell).
What I'm saying I've noticed only one bomb is ticking quest during my playthrough and if it wasn't for walk around the place probably wouldn't remember even that one. ;)

Obviously there are c&c so the experience differs.
I gues I know which quest @azarhal; talks about. For me there wasn't a timer as I happened to have a remedy with me.

Ok, the abandoned letter quest is unmarked and
will lead you to a room with bookshelves. Under the bookshelf is a bag with 100 gold in a hidden chest.

I'm really enjoying the Siora main quest line. I figure I should go see the other two factions since I haven't done that yet, but I'm going to do as much of that one as I can before messing with Kurt or Vasco(?). Gotta treat the ladies nice, even if she has a partial beard. Yuk!

I just read that Spiders had been aquired by Bigben Interactive last July. They have a revenue of 250 Mio €. Perhaps they'll get significantly more funding for their next game.

Yes, Bigben bought them. But Im not sure that Bigben want to make Spiders bigger AAA studio or something. Hopefully they will get at least the same budget as in case of Greedfall.

And there is possible negative thing with rights. Because if rights to Greedfall or Mars games remain in Focus then Spiders couldnt make next Mars game or Greedfall 2 under Bigben. :( Well, they can make game from Mars but with completely different lore.

I hope that they will make RPG like for example Mars: Worm Wars. :)

And no, I dont mean this: :)
worms6.gif

… you mean to say "Dune: Worm Wars"? I'd support that. :)

No. :) There are big worms in Mars games from Spiders too.

BTW: There should be some Dune game(s) from Funcom. Unfortunately probably MMO like Conan Exiles.

And there is possible negative thing with rights. Because if rights to Greedfall or Mars games remain in Focus then Spiders couldnt make next Mars game or Greedfall 2 under Bigben. :(
Yep, that came to my mind as well. But remember that Spiders didn't belong to Focus. They just published the game. So perhaps the rights belong to Spiders and thus now to Bigben.

Have to say in all my years of gaming Greedfall has risen to the very top as one of my all time favorite games. Story wise (EDIT: which includes quest, C&C, lore/history, atmosphere, and companions) I have never played a better game and it gets a 10+++/10 for the story and related content.

For overall game its in my top 5 life time achievement awards for best game (meaning for my own personal favorite games list - which, if curious and in no particular order, are Baldurs Gate, Skyrim, FO4, DAO, and Greedfall).

Yep, that came to my mind as well. But remember that Spiders didn't belong to Focus. They just published the game. So perhaps the rights belong to Spiders and thus now to Bigben.

When Big Ben bought Cyanide last year they had to buy the publishing rights to some of their games from Focus. Publishing rights is what is mentioned online instead of IPs.

It's possible Spiders had something similar, i.e. Focus had an exclusive publishing deals for some of their IPs that Big Ben will have to buy back if they want to publish them.

Spiders already started pre-production on a new game and it seems to be a new IP too.

I restarted last night and its much easier now that I know the mechanics. Also exploring in far more depth and found the 100 gp cache of the book dealer. Picked up Constantin sooner and saw a lot more interaction and dialogue with him which was nice. In addition solved a couple quests a bit different so overall was still fun.

First boss was much easier now that I understand combat. I am also going off the recommended path and creating a Guardian Blade build for my Legate. I made level 4 before leaving so had enough points to begin.

Selected the mage template but will only focus on light magic (stasis, healing, armor protection, storm blast) overall and put points into one-handed blades. So blades and defensive magic. Will put points into agility and will power since not using the divine ring.

At least that is the plan for now :)

Do you guys update/upgrade your companions clothing? Is it necessary at all?

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

It is useful to upgrade the gear of your companions. They can help more in difficult fights with better gear.
Thanks. I began doing just that now! I also have the Craftmanship Talent already maxed out, so I can easily improve everyone's gear.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom