City versus country

Anyway, today I will find out how much I can reduce my power usage.

For the last two months, it's been around 24-26 kWh pr. day - which is utterly insane.

I'm hoping to bring it down to around 6-8 kWh. At 17.00 - I will know.

Aren't you guys excited to find out? :)

Blah, blah, blah - ego competition is the only language you can speak :)

It's too bad, as it could have been interesting :)
What do you mean? What do you mean by ego, ego competition and ego driven? You often refer to my ego. You say that you have a secure ego. How is it that I'm the one all about ego when you're the only one who uses the word? It seems like something you turn to when you can't think of a better reply? Or is it when you agree with me but your ego won't allow you to admit defeat? Perhaps you only have a stubborn streak you confuse with a secure ego?

But, hey! If you're bored then I'm bored. I just thought you might like to talk shit about games.

Please, carry on talking about your high energy bill.

Anyway, today I will find out how much I can reduce my power usage.

For the last two months, it's been around 24-26 kWh pr. day - which is utterly insane.

I'm hoping to bring it down to around 6-8 kWh. At 17.00 - I will know.

Aren't you guys excited to find out? :)
I believe I speak for everyone here but myself when I say "hell, yes!" :p

I enjoy talking about games when it's about games, not your ego :)

All you're doing is trying to win something you can't win, because there's no competition.

Which is boring to me. You should have done that around 5-10 years ago, when I was more like you. That would have been fun for a while. At least for me :)

As for your excitement about my power usage - I expected as much!

I enjoy talking about games when it's about games, not your ego :)

All you're doing is trying to win something you can't win, because there's no competition.

Which is boring to me. You should have done that around 5-10 years ago, when I was more like you. That would have been fun for a while. At least for me :)

As for your excitement about my power usage - I expected as much!

I don't understand? If I'm talking about games that's me talking about games. It's not me talking about myself. It's not games talking about themselves. Obviously my opinion and ideas comes into that, as yours does. When you say what you like I don't say that's because of your ego. You say you like skills/abilities more than melee/ranged. That's a fucking wizard, dude. That's exactly a magic user approach to combat and not that of a fighter. In the end whether your 3D model is a robed Elf leaving Delayed Blast Fireballs and summoning Elementals or a masked SWAT laying Whatever Mines and summoning Gun Turrets it's all just a cosmetic effect.

Do you think I hate wizards? Is that it? Well, you're wrong. I love wizards! I just don't feel like every MMO has to follow the same formula. Special Forces gadgets are not supposed to be the primary source of damage. They're tools. Rainbow Six Siege is a much better Tom Clancy game. The tools are used for intel, breaching, disorienting, counter intel, the occasional trap. One headshot kills with any weapon. Why couldn't The Division be more realistic? What would be lost? Instead of bullet sponges just keep it realistic. Give the player more enemies to kill? If it takes 5 headshots today, I say reduce it to 1 and multiply the enemies by 5. You say the skill system sucks so buff it. I say the skill system sucks so scrap it entirely, return to the source material and previous games for guidance and keep the open worlds.

You only need to look at monster hunter world to see how you can have addictive progression without inflating the numbers. In MHW at rank1 you have 100HP. At rank 999 you have 100HP. If the Division has ended up with bullet sponges and scaling hitpoints they've fucked up. That's just my opinion but it's a damn good one. Tom Clancy games don't need to be copying WoW and Diablo. They already had a sucessful formula which they failed to adapt into an MMO. You can't blame my ego for that. They just suck at making games. It breaks all immersion to me when a human solder can start with 100 hitpoints in one zone of the city then has 4000HP down the street and your gun has to shoot them in the face 100 times for a kill. Like WTF is that? That's rubbish!! It really is.

I know you don't understand the problem here :) I mean, we've only been over it a hundred times by now. It will come in time. You will mature and be less ego-driven eventually.

I also know you don't understand what Division is trying to do - and why it's so appealing to so many people who enjoy RPG progression and looter shooters.

That's cool. Not all games are for everyone :)

Maybe you'll be more mature and when you think its about ego you'll update your dicussion with that knowledge in mind rather than bring the conversation to a grinding halt by changing the topic to my ego?

Look, I think it's YOU who doesn't understand what The Division was trying to do.

If you look at Steam player counts you can see, at this moment,

Tom Clancys Rainbow Six Siege (2015) - 60,000 online
Tom Clancys The Division (2016) - 800 online.

Division 2 didn't make it to steam but if Division 1 was a good game they would have expanded upon it. Instead they make everyone buy a whole new game to start over then make all the same mistakes. I don't know how many people are online in Division 2, but I do know it's far less than R6S. Looter shooters are actually not that popular. Destiny 2 performed under expectations, Division 2, Anthem. They are all failing to meet expectations. People prefer Battle Royale and Survival games. Clancy fans very much care about realism. Would you dispute that?

I mean, really, if it wasn't for YOUR ego-driven nature you'd have a lot to learn from me. Instead it's always a competition with you and you repeatedly shift the topic away from comments about the game and onto personal comments about me. I stay on topic and present good arguments and you tell me to grow up. We're talking about games!!! Stay on topic!

It's ok for you to agree with me. That's not a loss. When I'm on the right side agreeing with me is a win.

Division 2 does suck and it could be better if it were closer to Rainbow Six.

TmpDart, gone as quickly as he came. Not sure why he just doesn’t post rather than deleting his account every time. Maybe the allure of posting is just too strong.

Anyway, take care until next time.

Aye, it's time to create a thread called "What happened to D'Art?" :p :p :p

Has someone upset him again? I wanted to know what happened to his boiler.

Great thread ) lived both in the country and in town. Can say that it's preferrable to live in a village ... if it's not far from a city, say some 10-20 km far. What I hate about cities is bad ecology, loads of people, too noisy. Now live in a small village with all the convinences I need.

Back
Top Bottom