Thronebreaker - New Gameplay Trailer

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A new gameplay trailer for Thronebreaker: The Withcer Tales has been made available.

CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, have published today a brand new, gameplay-focused trailer for Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - the upcoming RPG adventure set in the universe of professional monster slayer Geralt of Rivia.

The trailer showcases exploration of The Witcher world, the game's choice-driven narrative, and teases new locations and characters. The video also features a closer look at the mechanics of managing your army and upgrading the battle camp, as well as the story-driven battles players participate in.

More information.

Metacritic:88
Opencritic: 88

Gamespot 9/10
PC Gamer 81
Criticalhit 9/10
Gamesradar 5/5
XGN 9/10
Pcgamesn 7/10

Looks awesome, way more interesting than I expected, style of game we don't see from AAA often. ( Only thing I'd change is dialogue presentation)

Wow they allow reviews a full weak before release ? They must have a lot of faith in the quality.
--
Hum. Reading a couple of the reviews one common complaint is the gwent portion is way too easy.

Metacritic:88
Opencritic: 88

Gamespot 9/10
PC Gamer 81
Criticalhit 9/10
Gamesradar 5/5
XGN 9/10
Pcgamesn 7/10

Never been a fan of card games, but that may be about to change.

I'm really excited for this.

The only thing I can see myself changing is using a sweetfx filter to increase saturation and brightness. But that's about all.

Gwent in witcher3 was very enjoyable but when they made it stand-alone it lost its charm. This version seems a middle-ground, without the p2w model.

Oh, and just to confirm...this is GOG-exclusive, right?

If I understood those few reviews, that is the key word to describe Thronebreaker.
The game itself. Not, again saying - to me, pretty much irrelevant gameplay style.

Seems to be released now.

The few negative reviews on gog.com complain about how Gwent players are getting cheated by having to pay for this after putting money into the original Gwent game.

Otherwise mostly 5 stars.

Might be of interest for reviews. Posted in the forums two days back.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales - Review Thread
Reddit thread with all the available Thronebreaker Reviews.

Picked this last night, what the hell let's see how it turns out…and loving it.

So far the game is flawless: from art, writing, story, dialogue and characters, voice acting, music/ambiance. And gameplay blows every rpg to Kingdom Come, nearly every encounter is unique, good amount of challenge, with some fun puzzle solving. Ton of depth, while easy to grasp, they did a phenomenal job at introducing Gwent and blending it with storytelling/mechanics.

Absolute 10/10, so far, easily GOTY of 2018. Shame a lot of people will skip on it, this is far more than simple card game.

CDPR outdone themselves once again. :)

Back
Top Bottom